Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
congrats Plloyd
11-04-2014, 09:57 AM,
congrats Plloyd
I believe Plloyds graphic artistry made its first appearance today as daily content at Avalanche.com. Congrats.

Now we need a complete Manchukouan army as a digital download, with scenarios and counters representing bandits and communist guerillas.
11-04-2014, 12:48 PM,
RE: congrats Plloyd
It did? I'll check.
Thanks. It would be my second appearance.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-04-2014, 12:51 PM,
Wow! That was quick. He only got it this morning.

Mike didn't post the notes, but it isn't that hard to figure out.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-04-2014, 02:36 PM,
Love the counters. Would you post the notes here?

Robin
11-04-2014, 06:14 PM,
What's wrong with the MTC's ? Seems to be some errata or an oversight.

They have a front value of 2-3 and a back value of 3-3.
11-04-2014, 11:41 PM,
Some notes on the GD 1940 fillout
Vince's "what's this crazy Yank up to this time" befuddlement illustrates why notes should accompany these things.

Without getting too much into the construction side... The PDF is designed on a 7.8 x 10.5 inch footprint. This lets one print it, without scaling, on either US letter size or A4 paper, and allow for a print margin. The sheet is eventually intended to be folded along the dashed line, or otherwise use that line as a common edge. If you need more of my construction scheme, let me know.

Notes on the counters & Grossdeutschland in 1940:
  1. The basic structure of the regiment is 3 (triangular) motor infantry battalions, 1 anti-tank company, 1 heavy support company, and 1 (attached) assault gun battery.
  2. The 5-3 MTC is really a composite of 4(ish) motorcycle sections for guard, dispatch, & recon duty. I've made 2 1-step 2-3 breakdown replacement counters for it as an optional deployment (note the unit size). I had thought about 4 1-3 counters, but they would have made stacking a little too fuzzy.
  3. The StuG III counters represent 640th Sturmartillerie Battery. While technically not GD, it was on permanent assignment and would eventually become organic to the regiment as the 16th Sturmartillerie. 2 counters are probably a little much to represent it, but 1 seemed to be too little.
  4. The truck count somewhat rough, but should adequate. My original GD'40 also had 48 trucks.
Are there any other questions I might answer?
11-04-2014, 11:45 PM,
Nice one Pete. It's certainly a very good PG skill you have there.
11-04-2014, 11:49 PM,
Thanks Vince.
Wow, international acclaim! Shy
11-05-2014, 12:51 AM,
Excellent. Just downloaded and printed out a set. Thanks for your work.

While I'm thinking of this, I noted that the free download counters for the Young Fascists in Alemein printed much smaller, something like 2/3rds normal counter size. I double checked and scaling was off for the printing, so wondered if anyone else had problems with that file. It seemed a bit too wide to scale up unless I use US Legal size paper. I've gone through all the free downloads and have been busy making up these additional counters.

Tom Oxley
11-05-2014, 12:59 AM,
Awesome, thanks for the work.

rv