Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking Funeral Sale
11-15-2014, 10:33 AM,
RE: Viking Funeral Sale
(11-14-2014, 02:57 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: IMHO the games no longer available in the records here need to separated from those that are. I don't mean the AAR records but the game pages, map pages etc. There may need to be a system that notes on the AAR pages that the reports are on no longer available games.

Library Game pages show in stock vs. OOP. I'm not sure if anyone is actively updating it though. Do we need more?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-15-2014, 11:29 AM,
(11-14-2014, 02:57 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: IMHO the games no longer available in the records here need to separated from those that are. I don't mean the AAR records but the game pages, map pages etc. There may need to be a system that notes on the AAR pages that the reports are on no longer available games.

Basically if you look on the PG-HQ games page, MOST are no longer available EXCEPT from non Avalache Press sources (like NobleKnight.com)

This is what I think is currently left of the PG games still being made by Avalanche Press:
Burning Tigers
Elsenborn Ridge
1940: Fall of France
Kursk South Flank
Liberation 1944
Marianas 1944
Pusan Perimeter
Saipan 1944

Even though supplements Hammer & Sickle , Iron Curtain: Patton's Nightmare , Iron Curtain: Red & White are in print, they require games which are out of print

According to the PG-HQ database, Iron Curtain: Patton's Nightmare ONLY requires one out of print, Road to Berlin. One could get this in the Viking Funeral sale before it's sold out.
warstudent aka Jim
11-16-2014, 11:37 PM,
Okay cool was not aware and now I am.
11-17-2014, 08:37 AM,
There's no doubt about it, we are seeing a sea-change in the PG line-up. Core games will be Roads to Moscow, the Fall of France, Armies of Dawn, and Saipan for the next decade or so.

Likewise, SWWAS is seeing major redesign (Sopac and Bomb Alley, & possibly Leyte Gulf) as well as context expansion to cover the Second Great War and the Long War, each of which can produce quite a few new products.

Avalanche is in growth mode.
11-17-2014, 12:40 PM,
(11-17-2014, 08:37 AM)larry marak Wrote: There's no doubt about it, we are seeing a sea-change in the PG line-up. Core games will be Roads to Moscow,
With the 2 Kursk games (Kursk - South Flank & Kursk: Burning Tigers), which are staying in print, most of the Soviet / German units needed for the East Front 1943-45 will still be in print, right? Therefore, those 2 games replace Road to Berlin minus the Hungarians and the maps from Road to Berlin)?
warstudent aka Jim
11-17-2014, 12:53 PM,
zaarin7 Wrote:
"Okay cool was not aware and now I am."
Glad to help.

zaarin7 Wrote:
"IMHO the games no longer available in the records here need to separated from those that are."
For the benefit of the newbies, to separate the "In print" from the "Out of Print" on the Games page would probably be really helpful.
warstudent aka Jim
11-17-2014, 01:05 PM,
(11-17-2014, 12:53 PM)warstudent Wrote: For the benefit of the newbies, to separate the "In print" from the "Out of Print" on the Games page would probably be really helpful.

I could rig up a black status bar across OOP boxcovers...?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-17-2014, 01:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 01:23 PM by Matt W.)
those 2 games replace Road to Berlin

Nope, not even close. The evolution of armored technology brings in the JS series (IIs, IIIs, 152s) and the 85mm gun gets affixed to several versions of tanks and tank destroyers (SU 85, KV 85, T 34/85) Plus we get to see the Su-100, etc., etc.

On the German side we get Royal Tigers, GREN units (instead of INF or SCH), plus more evolution in the assault gun line (e.g. STG IV).

Logically I expect there to ultimately be a late 44/1945 game for the Eastern Front to match up with Liberation/Elsenborn Ridge for the Western Front. It will take some time to go through everything and reissue the products in upgraded form for the new lines.
No "minor" country left behind...
11-17-2014, 01:25 PM,
As we wheel into the New Year I expect that the database will be updated to a "real" what is in print versus out of print. There is an almost daily switch right now and there are always the odd copies that turn up, especially of the things that were printed in bucketfuls during the Chinese production years.
No "minor" country left behind...
11-18-2014, 01:32 AM,
I figure we'll see a 1941 game, Roads to Moscow, and 1942 game Road to Stalingrad, the two Kursks for 1943, Fallen Axis and a Bagration game (no chatter on this, but the fall of Army Group Center is a natural boxed product) and then some time down the road a return to 1945-46 (46 might cover vehicles and artillery needed for the GD46-early Iron Curtain era, as well as Korean War era units).

By the way, the maps in August 14 and Fall of Empires were designed to cover the same battlegrounds Bagration would use.