Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo play?
10-21-2014, 05:25 AM,
RE: Solo play?
(10-20-2014, 01:46 AM)richvalle Wrote: Personally, I have a hard time playing PG solo for some reason. At least for the smaller stuff I've tried. In a weird way it moves too fast and I bounce back and forth quickly and just kind of get lost on what turn it is. Maybe if I did something bigger and force a pause between action segments.

I love playing face to face and the usually small action segments work VERY well by email. Except sometimes you do one and you want more. Smile

I feel the same way with the smaller scenario's they just do not get my juices flowing as solo's but are great FtF or over Skype. However a reasonable meaty scenario is fine playing solo.
10-21-2014, 05:41 AM,
I've been playing solo, often at work on lunch time, so I've slowly worked up from the smallest scenarios in my collection to a 20-turn game last week. I just try to play both sides to the best of my ability for each activation, and in things like mines and strongpoints, I don't look at them before placing so both sides are surprised by the result. I've avoided any scenario so far with hidden units. So far, I've had enjoyable games this way. Still trying to coordinate a game with a local PG gamer I discovered, and I hope to go back through most of these scenarios again face-to-face.

Tom Oxley
10-23-2014, 04:50 AM,
Curt,

You may want to check the [Fall of France #11] Initial German Setup thread to see my initial struggles with how to set up the defenders in my early solo plays.

I have posted several initial setups (with comments) in other threads and sometimes have received feedback.

One other thing that helps me is to read one or two AAR's before playing a scenario. Some writers are good at describing their setup and what they were hoping to accomplish, and whether they were successful.

Hope it helps!
Daniel