Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Requirements.
10-16-2014, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 09:39 AM by larry marak.)
System Requirements.
In a discussion over at the I.A. forum at consimworld, Mike Wheal pointed out to me that it takes possession of 6 PG titles to play all the scenarios from To Hell With Spain, a I.A. module.

Got me thinking about minimum system requirements for playing PG. Lately Mike has exercised the editorial helm to limit the number of games necessary to play scenarios in a particular book, but it got to me to wondering.

What do you think would be necessary in a basic "generic" PG starter set. I'm envisioning maybe 4 map panels (woods, riparian, steppe and urban), a few companies of several nationalities (Sov, Wehrmacht, IJA, Empire troops, Italians, Americans, Dutch) and 5 basic scenarios (assault against prepared position, meeting engagement, mobile defense, raid {take the enemy's hq}, and ambush {at least half the defender's forces set up hidden}).

What would you think of such a "generic" game, what would be included in your version?
10-16-2014, 11:00 AM,
RE: System Requirements.
I think I would have fewer nationalities. You seem to describing a BB:ER sized game with extra guys. A few companies + support makes 12-15 counters, after some armor, transport, weapon units & 7-10 leader counters per nationality, it's a full sized game.

What did you have in mind for working scenario combinations?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-16-2014, 01:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 01:33 PM by zaarin7.)
RE: System Requirements.
Since the Eastern Front is covered better between the 4 games centered there, EF, RtB, K SF and K BT I could see books drawing on all 4 especially if instead of counters each book came with updated maps to the Kursk standard for the two earlier games.