Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capped Leader Morale + Human Wave
10-02-2014, 02:09 AM,
RE: Capped Leader Morale + Human Wave
Come Vince, turn to the dark side. (cue the breath mask sound) Ok, beyond that I do get the idea and the impetus for it. In fact I had to deal with it in my last game (HMG & uber-LT holding one last town hex), and maybe my current game too (don't look too good).

I think your rule may actually make the defense stronger because you often need the morale modifiers to press home the attack less than you need them on the defense. A couple playtest games should reveal that is a real problem. I did have one question: Is a leader's morale modifier still applied when activating adjacent units to rally?

I am less sanguine about the "Human Wave" branch. A major part of my reservation has to do with my aversion to chrome. Another part is that the rule seems to be more injected in the system, rather than drawn from it. My house rules are mostly creative reinterpretations of base system of whatever game I might be messing with.

I was wondering about the "Human Wave" activation limits. I assume firstly that units in a leader's hex are automatically "qualified" for a Human Wave advance. Is that correct? Assuming it is, would it not be more inline with your rule philosophy to extend unit qualification by hexes, rather than by units? As an example, a captain (now 3 on your table) would become a 1. That would mean he could apply his morale modifier to his hex and those units (and transports?) which he activates in 1 adjacent hex, while making his Human wave advance. (Note That I am using the word advance because it seems more relevant to the action.)

I suggest the Human Wave rule also be applicable to Japanese, Chinese & Korean units as well. Some other countries by special rule the Germans in some incedents at Kusk come to mind.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capped Leader Morale + Human Wave - by plloyd1010 - 10-02-2014, 02:09 AM