Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red and White
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM,
Red and White
Received Red and White today. Requires counters or maps from Cassino, Elsenborn, Road to Berlin, Patton's Nightmare, and Hammer and Sickle. John gave us a highly varied scenario set, plenty of matchups and unusual situations, and the greatest SSR I've seen in a long time. Carpet Bombing on the PG mapboard...Designate a target hex, then hit it and every hex in the first 3 rings out with a 30 strength bombardment attack.

Stafford included almost any kind of situation you can think of in this book.

The short article on the Red Polish Army added at the back of the book was informative and gives you the feel for what kind of numbers of experienced Polish soldiers were historically available at this time.
09-04-2014, 11:24 AM,
RE: Red and White
Sounds great! I look forward to receiving my complimentary copy from AP! Wink
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
09-04-2014, 02:01 PM,
Finally I got something before Larry! I received mine the day before he did. Smile
09-05-2014, 12:39 AM,
Got half my order :-(. Hapsburg Fleet was supposed to be shipping along with it, but there were 2 shipping notices with exactly the same shipping info number, so maybe it shows up today.

By the way Stafford advises using counters from Iron Wolves to represent Polish militia is some scenarios, rather than half-strength Polish rif counters from Cassino. As a died in the wool completist, I must use these laser-cut counters.
09-05-2014, 03:27 AM,
The Polish counters from Red & White are not laser counters but the same ones from the old Polish Steel.
09-05-2014, 05:57 AM,
Yes, I was refering to the Iron Wolf Counters, used as Militia in R&W.
09-05-2014, 02:54 PM,
Sure hope to see mine and my Pusan Perimeter soon... still hearing crickets from APL
09-06-2014, 12:41 AM,
Armyduck, both are beautiful products, reflecting a high level of development.
09-06-2014, 04:36 AM,
Man, John had a real imagination for new scenario special rules. Raid on Kaliningrad features barracks, rules for waking up sleeping soldiers, blowing up planes on the ground, taking off on a cratered runway, etc. He's found quite a few new uses for wagons and truck counters (shows you what PG 4th counters could have done, if they had been included in Red and White. :-)
09-06-2014, 12:23 PM,
Note also the use of wrecks as portable bridges (along with the vehicles carrying them)!
No "minor" country left behind...