Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What version of Edelweiss do I own?
08-03-2014, 05:16 AM,
What version of Edelweiss do I own?
What version of Edelweiss do I own? Mine is a book published in 2013 and I believe its the Edelweiss IV version as the scenarios match up with it here according to that version. The book doesn't say (IV) however.
08-03-2014, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 05:57 AM by tlangston28.)
RE: What version of Edelweiss do I own?
If it was the newest Edelweiss, then yes, I believe it is the "IV" edition. I think it is simply called that since it is the fourth incarnation?

Just like Led Zeppelin's 4th album, (with the Zoso logo) that had no mention of 4 on it but it was forever known as "Led Zeppelin IV".

You should also be missing the German OOB on the Mius Line scenario (I think it is #18) - that is the tell-tale sign that it is IV.
08-03-2014, 06:07 AM,
(08-03-2014, 05:57 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: If it was the newest Edelweiss, then yes, I believe it is the "IV" edition. I think it is simply called that since it is the fourth incarnation?

Just like Led Zeppelin's 4th album, (with the Zoso logo) that had no mention of 4 on it but it was forever known as "Led Zeppelin IV".

You should also be missing the German OOB on the Mius Line scenario (I think it is #18) - that is the tell-tale sign that it is IV.

Yes, that is the one I own! The missing OOB thing helped!

Thanks!
08-03-2014, 06:32 AM,
The three I have seen all have different fronts on the cover as well Jay. If yours is the latest, it should have a group of mountain soldiers congregating together seemingly chatting and kicking back. It should be a book (my third ed was comb bound with some mountains on the front).
08-03-2014, 07:46 AM,
Yes Vince, that is the one, "IV" edition. I am glad I finally figure that out. Smile
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM,
The IV is purely a PG-HQ designation to help keep them straight. AP just calls it E.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-04-2014, 01:39 AM,
Ok, that explains why I couldn't find the IV part.