Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique Plays
08-03-2014, 12:19 AM,
Unique Plays
I played the same scenario twice in a row, once as a shared play and once as a solo play. I reported both and did an AAR for each but my unique plays number didn't advance. So do you only get credit for a scenario play once no matter how many times you played it?

I'm also not sure if my number of unique plays advanced at all. Is there a way to check this?
08-03-2014, 12:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 12:36 AM by Shad.)
RE: Unique Plays
"Unique play" refers to scenarios, not the plays. Your play count went up, but your unique plays did not because those are two plays of the same unique scenario. All of your other stats reflect both plays. Just your completion percentage does not, because if you play 1 out of 20 scenarios twice you still have only played 1 out of 20 scenarios.

Regarding whether you got credit - your profile shows 2 unique plays for Eastern Front. One is #25 which you played twice, the other is #72 which you played back on 2012-11-17. Your total plays is now 29, which reflects 28 solo and 1 shared play. The ranking system is based on unique plays to avoid someone playing Battle of the Bulge #1 a bajillion times to move up in rank.

In more abstract terms, a soldier running across the same battlefield over and over will have less experience than one who has been active in many theaters of war. (but really it's just to avoid rank spam)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-03-2014, 12:34 AM,
(08-03-2014, 12:30 AM)Shad Wrote: "Unique play" refers to scenarios, not the plays. Your play count went up, but your unique plays did not because those are two plays of the same unique scenario. All of your other stats reflect both plays. Just your completion percentage does not, because if you play 1 out of 20 scenarios twice you still have only played 1 out of 20 scenarios.

OK, so only Unique Plays count towards rank increases? Its no biggie, I just want to know. I rarely play scenarios twice and in the case of "First Tank Battles" I think it was the first PG scenario I did play twice mainly because I thought of a whole different strategy for the Romanians and i wanted to see if it would work (It didn't)
08-03-2014, 12:37 AM,
Sorry, I edited my post while you were replying. Please see above for an answer to your question.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-03-2014, 12:49 AM,
(08-03-2014, 12:30 AM)Shad Wrote: The ranking system is based on unique plays to avoid someone playing Battle of the Bulge #1 a bajillion times to move up in rank.

In more abstract terms, a soldier running across the same battlefield over and over will have less experience than one who has been active in many theaters of war. (but really it's just to avoid rank spam)

OK, thanks. I get it and understand the reasoning behind it.