Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK / US Skype Gamers Need UPDATE
08-02-2014, 06:46 PM,
UK / US Skype Gamers Need UPDATE
Hello,

Tony Langston (US) and I (UK), found that when about to start a game last week, we had some troubles on Skype. We were unable to connect with each other.

It appears Skype must have had some form of critical update as we had to eventually uninstall and install. That was both of us, either side of the Atlantic. Some of you have already done this. For example, I was able to call Joe Oppenheimer but not Alan Sawyer.

Its easy to find out if your one or your friend's is updated. When you click to call them there will be the usual connecting xylophone type sound. However, where those have not updated it will NOT then be followed by the long-tone rings. It'll just stay silent.

So those of you that Skype (or are going to Skype play as I see some more new Brits joining), check your own Skype for update needs.
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM,
RE: UK / US Skype Gamers Need UPDATE
So... is this new Skype version "NSA-free" or "NSA-fortified" ? Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-02-2014, 10:53 PM,
Vince,

You were able to make it through on my Skype, but I did not have it started on my tablet device. I saw there was 3 missed calls from you last Wednesday.

Shad,

Considering that the Chinese government just hacked into the Canadian version of DARPA, I believe no one is safe from spying on their online activity. So be careful what PG secrets you put in your AAR's Wink
08-03-2014, 12:12 AM,
(08-02-2014, 10:53 PM)campsawyer Wrote: So be careful what PG secrets you put in your AAR's Wink

The secret is he has GHOST divisions !! He needs to get off his fat backside, put down the noodles and play a game or two ! I'm not buying this "Always at work" story. I think his wife is allowing him to recline on a sedan, wiping his brow, feeding him noodles herself using chopsticks in the gentles and fondest of ways followed by the odd grape or two lovingly placed between his two lips Dodgy
08-03-2014, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 12:27 AM by Shad.)
(08-03-2014, 12:12 AM)vince hughes Wrote: I think his wife is allowing him to recline on a sedan, wiping his brow, feeding him noodles herself using chopsticks in the gentles and fondest of ways followed by the odd grape or two lovingly placed between his two lips Dodgy

That is certainly the Chinese wife I keep hearing about, but somehow I ended up with a different, more feisty model! Rolleyes
08-05-2014, 12:25 AM,
(08-03-2014, 12:26 AM)Shad Wrote:
(08-03-2014, 12:12 AM)vince hughes Wrote: I think his wife is allowing him to recline on a sedan, wiping his brow, feeding him noodles herself using chopsticks in the gentles and fondest of ways followed by the odd grape or two lovingly placed between his two lips Dodgy

That is certainly the Chinese wife I keep hearing about, but somehow I ended up with a different, more feisty model! Rolleyes

Shame I was going to offer a swap Wink
08-05-2014, 08:35 AM,
(08-05-2014, 12:25 AM)waynebaumber Wrote: Shame I was going to offer a swap Wink

There isn't much demand for that perverse British inflection these days, but if you can put on a good, honorable American English accent you oughta come over. We'll get you set up with a cutie or two right quick! Big Grin
08-05-2014, 10:46 AM,
What about French Canadian accent?
08-05-2014, 05:30 PM,
(08-05-2014, 08:35 AM)Shad Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 12:25 AM)waynebaumber Wrote: Shame I was going to offer a swap Wink

There isn't much demand for that perverse British inflection these days, but if you can put on a good, honorable American English accent you oughta come over. We'll get you set up with a cutie or two right quick! Big Grin

Ironically, whilst in Berlin with the wife the other week and attending a Coffee shop. A very attractive young blond that was serving asked us in her German accent "Are you both from England"?. We said "Yes". She said "I thought so, your accents are lovely. We get many Americans here and their accents are not nice".

Horses for courses
08-05-2014, 07:50 PM,
(08-05-2014, 05:30 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Ironically, whilst in Berlin with the wife the other week and attending a Coffee shop. A very attractive young blond that was serving asked us in her German accent "Are you both from England"?. We said "Yes". She said "I thought so, your accents are lovely. We get many Americans here and their accents are not nice".

Yeah, well, something something we won the war something something! Angry

Dodgy

Big Grin