Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for maintaining AARs at the HQ?
08-02-2014, 07:25 AM,
Time for maintaining AARs at the HQ?
Shad said a while back that series that consisted of one game (Modern PG and Infantry Attacks) didn't warrant the amount of progamming required to do either series justice.

Infantry Attacks will shortly be up to 3 boxed games, one scenario supplement, and two download games (the Chihuahua Incident and To Hell With Spain).
08-02-2014, 07:41 AM,
RE: Time for maintaining AARs at the HQ?
(08-02-2014, 07:25 AM)larry marak Wrote: Shad said a while back that series that consisted of one game (Modern PG and Infantry Attacks) didn't warrant the amount of progamming required to do either series justice.

Infantry Attacks will shortly be up to 3 boxed games, one scenario supplement, and two download games (the Chihuahua Incident and To Hell With Spain).

I think Shad is looking for volunteers to help build this, Larry.
08-02-2014, 12:08 PM,
(08-02-2014, 07:41 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(08-02-2014, 07:25 AM)larry marak Wrote: Shad said a while back that series that consisted of one game (Modern PG and Infantry Attacks) didn't warrant the amount of progamming required to do either series justice.

...And how many people are committed to playing it?
08-02-2014, 01:19 PM,
(08-02-2014, 12:08 PM)armyduck95 Wrote:
(08-02-2014, 07:41 AM)campsawyer Wrote:

...And how many people are committed to playing it?

At the moment, the best guess would be some small amount of players. But I believe if you build it they will come. A good site will draw the players and increase the plays. Quite honestly APL owes a large reason for its reason for surviving to this site. As Larry points out there are many games under the IA series, but no one knows who is playing them and more importantly what the results are and how they are playing it. The key to a successful game is not the pre-sales marketing but the post-sale support to keep the "energy" going of after all the pre-sales stuff wears off.
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM,
We will know soon if there is a substantial number of players as the 100th anniversary is a gift to any WW I series. I would expect additional releases during the next four years to take advantage of that. If the releases don't come that will be a clear indicator that the buying market is too small.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-03-2014, 12:22 AM,
Matt,

If there are no releases nobody CAN buy ?

I know logistics defeated MB on this (I think that was the reason), but an unfinished 1914 West Front is a great miss. I certainly would have snatched that one up in a wink. It'll still happen I am sure, but attacking Liege, fighting at Mons and attacks and counter-attacks in Alsace or on the Marne will not be such a 'rememberance' buy in 2015/2016 as it would have been this year. Its a missed opportunity. That's not a dig as it was attempted, but the project didn't come through in time.
08-03-2014, 12:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 12:28 AM by Blackcloud6.)
I didn't notice this thread and i just posted a similar appeal to get IA and Modern into the site. I agree with the notion of "build it and they will come."
08-03-2014, 10:36 AM,
Vince,

My comment was more to indicate that if the current roll out of East Front and Arabian battles doesn't sell well then we may well have seen the end of any significant effort in the IA line.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-04-2014, 12:12 PM,
(08-03-2014, 10:36 AM)Matt W Wrote: Vince,

My comment was more to indicate that if the current roll out of East Front and Arabian battles doesn't sell well then we may well have seen the end of any significant effort in the IA line.

Maybe I'll buy the Arabian one this week to show my support!