Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Axis!!!!
07-28-2014, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 04:36 AM by nicky_longbranch.)
Broken Axis!!!!
All I can say is that this new game looks and sounds awesome!

Panzer Grenadier: Broken Axis
07-28-2014, 06:26 AM,
RE: Broken Axis!!!!
(07-28-2014, 04:34 AM)nicky_longbranch Wrote: All I can say is that this new game looks and sounds awesome!

Panzer Grenadier: Broken Axis

As always it certainly has the potential but

1. I presume it was designed with 3rd ed in mind but published with 4th ed.

2. What counter style will we get this time

3. What map colourisation will we get.

One thing is for sure. Mike Perryman's previous Rumanian scenarios have been right up there. I have no doubt he will come through once more and the missing Rumanian gear will also make an appearance.
07-28-2014, 07:59 AM,
I have to admit that, as someone with nearly all the products it is jarring to place them all out at one time and look at the differences in counters and maps. Before the laser cut counters there were slight differences in counter thicknesses but nothing that kept the sets from being used together. The current counters are certainly beautiful but they don't work as well with the previous sets.

The maps are very odd to put together. The differing palates and styles can make using the boards together a painful process.

I am VERY interested in Broken Axis but I will look to see some examples of art work, etc. to decide on my purchase.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-28-2014, 08:03 AM,
"The Germans do provide the elite Grossdeutschland Division, and its epic stand at Tirgu Frumos is a centerpiece of the game’s scenario set."

I wonder how much overlap there is with the scenarios in Romanian Soil. Avalanche doesn't really go the Critical Hit route of endlessly re releasing the same stuff with minor changes, but I know Tirgu Frumosa was the focus of that scenario pack.
07-28-2014, 09:10 AM,
(07-28-2014, 08:03 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: Avalanche doesn't really go the Critical Hit route of endlessly re releasing the same stuff with minor changes...

I think the Edelweiss family quadruplets would like a word with you! Tongue
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-28-2014, 10:02 AM,
OK, Shad. That's a good point. I was thinking of the way Critical Hit renames stuff so it's not clear if it is a new product or a reissue.
07-28-2014, 10:59 AM,
I expect that the 30 scenarios of the Romanian trilogy will be the centerpiece but it will be on new boards and presumably with some new counters as well. Plus 16 new scenarios at least.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-28-2014, 04:29 PM,
...And there should be Romanians.
07-29-2014, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 01:22 AM by larry marak.)
Yes, 16 new scenarios, multiple new unit types, and 4 new boards...We are rapidly closing in on 100+ map panels, as 36 of the map numbers "reserved" will appear in the next 7 (Tunisia, Ethiopia, Galicia, Arabia, Rumania, Pusan, Counterattack) releases.
07-29-2014, 02:10 AM,
Larry, I heard from another source that above half the scenarios submitted were brand new so I am wondering if the number you advance is pure conjuncture or based on having seen the scenarios?