Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opportunity Fire
07-21-2014, 11:37 AM,
Opportunity Fire
Do units need a leader in their hex to conduct OP fire?

Thanks
07-21-2014, 12:15 PM,
RE: Opportunity Fire
No.

Units can conduct opportunity by themselves. If there are 2 units in a hex, they can combine their firepower or each take a shot individually.
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM,
Leaders can however provide their combat bonus and combine hexes' DF for opportunity fire.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-21-2014, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 12:54 PM by nicky_longbranch.)
(07-21-2014, 12:24 PM)Matt W Wrote: Leaders can however provide their combat bonus and combine hexes' DF for opportunity fire.

Also, if I have an unactivated AFV with two INF units and a Leader in the same hex (all unactivated) and in an adjacent hex I have 2 more unactivated INF, my leader has a plus 1 combat mod, if i want to conduct opportunity fire, can I also include the AFV DF value in the OP Fire as well, or must it be a separate attack all together.

Do all AFV's get to make two direct OP fire, or only one , unless they have Armor Efficiency. or does that only apply to anti-tank OP fire?

Thanks Guys
07-21-2014, 04:20 PM,
(07-21-2014, 12:51 PM)nicky_longbranch Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 12:24 PM)Matt W Wrote: Leaders can however provide their combat bonus and combine hexes' DF for opportunity fire.

Also, if I have an unactivated AFV with two INF units and a Leader in the same hex (all unactivated) and in an adjacent hex I have 2 more unactivated INF, my leader has a plus 1 combat mod, if i want to conduct opportunity fire, can I also include the AFV DF value in the OP Fire as well, or must it be a separate attack all together.

Do all AFV's get to make two direct OP fire, or only one , unless they have Armor Efficiency. or does that only apply to anti-tank OP fire?

Thanks Guys

Yes you can combine that AFV. As you seem to have worked out, but I'll say it anyway (for future readers) that had the leader been in the other hex and not with the AFV, then it could NOT have taken part.

If an AFV is not effiicient (plus all ordnance), then they can only make 1 OP shot per turn using AT fire. If it uses its DF rating, it can fire twice whatever its efficiency.
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM,
(07-21-2014, 04:20 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 12:51 PM)nicky_longbranch Wrote:

Thanks Guys

Yes you can combine that AFV. As you seem to have worked out, but I'll say it anyway (for future readers) that had the leader been in the other hex and not with the AFV, then it could NOT have taken part.

If an AFV is not effiicient (plus all ordnance), then they can only make 1 OP shot per turn using AT fire. If it uses its DF rating, it can fire twice whatever its efficiency.
Thanks