Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over-reaching?
07-27-2014, 12:10 PM,
RE: Over-reaching?
(07-27-2014, 11:18 AM)stear Wrote:
(07-27-2014, 08:52 AM)larry marak Wrote: There's one guy out there that voted for 10+ titles required. That must be you Jim

Nay Larry, not me! I'm actually the voice of reason at max = 4! Big Grin

I was thinking the 10+ was you. Or maybe it's GROGnads! Tongue

Mike is trying to beat me down to 1-2. That's going to be a challenge. As originally conceived, Splendid Little would need 8+, and Flying Carriers and U.S. Navy War Plans 6+. This is a problem. Need to think about one 70-long equivalent sheet that could be added to each, to cut down on the games required. And the operational maps are another problem.

-Jim

Get APL to sell by components so you can can mix and match for the supplements.
07-27-2014, 02:39 PM,
I voted 3 but I agree with Alan that if the counters were available to get for filling game quotas, it would be more attractive to buyers.

Just my opinion but...
07-27-2014, 05:23 PM,
(07-26-2014, 11:38 AM)stear Wrote:
(07-26-2014, 11:25 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Good question Jim. I think the harder part is keeping all those games available for the supplements. Keeping 5 games for a supplement might be hard when 2 of the 5 don't sell well or cost too much to reprint.

OK, I created a poll over on BGG: weigh in!

How many is too many?

-Jim

My vote is 3. IMHO an expansion should do 2 things. (1) allow the player to enjoy a bit more of the main game he has/and extend the life of the game enough for the published to make some extra $. (2) Entice the customer with incentive to buy another major title....
07-29-2014, 02:53 AM,
I also think if there going to make supplements that draw maps from different games they need to stock maps so folks can get just the maps they need. But I know that will never happen.
07-29-2014, 03:05 AM,
Indeed Mike just emailed me in re my Pacific Pack counter suggestion..they are trying to keep away from stocking parts as separate orders...just makes the warehousing too complicated for a 1 & 1/2 man outfit.
07-29-2014, 12:15 PM,
Aye, 3 seems like a good number. Although 3-4 means back to the drawing board with some of my naval series book ideas. Huh

I see the next promo has started. Told Mike to hammer on the August 1914 value of Med and Jutland. But: want to see Pusan, Army at Dawn and Ethiopia in folks hands soon! Otherwise I will worry about a "GC: Early Order" backlog building up... Undecided

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
07-30-2014, 12:44 AM,
I know what you mean Jim, I'm 2 games (soon to be one) from being caught up with my ancient orders, but on the other hand I have 6 boxed games and 3 books on "early order". Sounds to much like a mouse running as fast as he can in a cage. The saving grace is these six are all "new" money, they are not being printed out of obligation and an empty wallet.