Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Tigers ATR question.
07-10-2014, 03:09 AM,
Burning Tigers ATR question.
Burning Tigers features both Soviet Army and Guards units. both have atr platoons. I understand how a better equipted Guards unit could pack more punch, but why do they have a longer range for their rifles than their countrymen?
07-10-2014, 04:05 AM,
RE: Burning Tigers ATR question.
Better training.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-10-2014, 04:54 AM,
Larry,

They have been asking that question for years. Wink

So what are the differences in the values? Are you talking now an ATR has the range of 75mm gun or is it just one more hex. If it just one hex, then it could be better training or APL just messing with our minds or misprint. Take your pick.
07-10-2014, 05:38 AM,
The range of the rifles is 3 for the Guard riflemen, but only 2 for the army riflemen. 1-3 versus 1-2. Since these weapons were only truely effective in same hex combat, the extra hex range doesn't make a difference. This dicotomy shows up in KSF as well. Just wondered if the Guards had a longer gun barrel, or better charge in their bullets.
07-10-2014, 06:24 AM,
My Tigers are trembling with fear.
07-10-2014, 06:26 AM,
Am I correct in thinking that ATRs can be used to set up AT crossfire? If this is correct, than the extra hex of range for Guards units does have a real, if very modest, effect.
07-10-2014, 06:34 AM,
(07-10-2014, 06:26 AM)larrymm Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that ATRs can be used to set up AT crossfire? If this is correct, than the extra hex of range for Guards units does have a real, if very modest, effect.

They can. Though they can't fire at x2 the range.

rv
07-10-2014, 07:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 08:12 AM by larry marak.)
And there is a rules option, by Jason Rahman published as Daily Content that suggests that atrs defending in an assault hex against armor can be assumed to be in crossfire and should received a considerable on the spot increase to their anti-tank value in that situation. http://www.avalanchepress.com/Rifles.php Would have liked for this to have ended up in the 4th edition rule options.

Can't ask M Perryman what his reasoning was, he designed PG Citadel many years ago and his reasons are lost (if the difference wasn't added during development by Doug McNair, who is out of the loop now).