Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Red and White
06-27-2014, 01:41 AM,
PG Red and White
From the write up in today's daily content, sounds like the reissue of the Polish Steel countersheet will be accompanied by a much larger and more satisfying package. If Stafford puts a lot of thought into it, we could actually have an excellent WW3 in Europe campaign, using counters and maps from not only the other Iron Curtain games, Bulge, Elsenborn, and RtoB, but also some of the equipment coming on line from the Korean trilogy some guy named Jay is working on.Smile
06-27-2014, 08:37 AM,
RE: PG Red and White
Unfortunately since they no longer do electronic downloads those of us that got the earlier product can't save and must pay for a second counter sheet if we get it.
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM,
True enough, and it will be the same die-cut countersheet we had before. Does allow you to build up a larger 1948-era army for design your own scenarios. And since most of the equipment included is British hardware, we can use the counters to represent British forces in the British zone of occupation during the breakout of hostilities between the Soviets and the Anglo-Allied forces.
06-27-2014, 09:09 AM,
Could start a new reality show, PG Horders.
06-27-2014, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2014, 09:31 AM by larry marak.)
I'd probably be the first subject of the series, as I bought enough German Hoardes (2 countersheets from original PG) to be able to set up corps level Barbarossa scenarios (I have more 150mmIGSP's than the Wehrmacht possessed). And for 8 years I've tried to print out every support article for PG and the two naval series...hence my observation that Dr. B. has done revised scenario previews for 1940 and August 1914. They fill more than 30 notebooks in plastic sheet protectors.
06-27-2014, 09:34 AM,
(06-27-2014, 09:18 AM)larry marak Wrote: I'd probably be the first subject of the series, as I bought enough German Hoardes (2 countersheets from original PG) to be able to set up corps level Barbarossa scenarios (I have more 150mmIGSP's than the Wehrmacht possessed). And for 8 years I've tried to print out every support article for PG and the two naval series...hence my observation that Dr. B. has done revised scenario previews for 1940 and August 1914. They fill more than 30 notebooks in plastic sheet protectors.

Huh
06-27-2014, 09:42 AM,
Vince, there are two television programs that have be aired for several years documenting people who hoarde to the point of mental illness. Alan was suggesting that my idea of building up a supply of British 1948 armour (from duplicate Polish Steel countersheets) for the purpose of design your own scenarios from a Continuation War breaking out in 48 sounded like neurotic hoarding.
06-27-2014, 05:45 PM,
Larry,

LOL - I got the reference. They show some of those series on the lesser satellite channels here.

My icon was at your collecting the download articles and having 30 folders full of the stuff ! That IS COLLECTING in the extreme LOL !

Funnily enough, I'm just going through clearing out some of my games, or at least trading, swapping or selling them. For example, I have FAAARRRR TOO many APBA Baseball seasons (its a game like strato-matic) and they eat up a whole lot of space. I will probably cut down my APBA collection to about 4 or 5 seasons max. I'm also eyeing some of the military games too BUT and a big but. Don't you just know that in 4 or 5 years time you will want that game again for some reason or another ... what to do ???
06-27-2014, 11:34 PM,
Having owned more than 30 sets of APBA baseball cards and another dozen of football cards, I know how much space they can take.

They do resell well but not as well the APBA Golf stuff.
06-28-2014, 12:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 12:18 AM by Shad.)
(06-27-2014, 05:45 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Larry,

LOL - I got the reference. They show some of those series on the lesser satellite channels here.

My icon was at your collecting the download articles and having 30 folders full of the stuff ! That IS COLLECTING in the extreme LOL !

It is extreme, but I have a background in history (albeit ancient history and classical languages) and I really appreciate the background articles that Avalanche has put out for their games. Fall of France has 173 microsoft word pages of data, for instance, practically a book.

And of course that doesn't count the reams of AAR's available at PGHQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!