• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Club
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM,
RE: Gold Club
Even gold club info is only accurate till the next gold club letter. :-(
07-15-2014, 08:34 AM,
(07-15-2014, 07:20 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 03:34 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Great news on todays Gold-Club!

Well if you are Johnny foreigner and/or waiting for the WW1 Western Front it is quite tragic news.

First I don't get KNF UNTIL an Army at Dawn. That's because they are only serving US customers and not overseas. In fact, that means I have to wait for the Korean one to be made and sent out (as I didn't want it) and then wait till Army at Dawn is made, assembled, sent out to the US and THEN Johnny foreigner. So no, that is very disconcerting.

WW1 West Front is put back so yet another Korean one and the Romanian remake jumps the queue.

Finally, the Luxembourgers have run out. Does that mean he has held the right amount of orders of them back for Johnny Foreigner and are the GJ's that have also ended their print run been saved for us aliens ?

So no, shit news without more details.

Vince sorry you are having difficulties. WWI has two scheduled games but none on the Western Front per say. Sometimes its about what is ready, designed and on to development than waiting for things that are not. AP had to have a mix of old and new to stay in business, once they mix in the old orders from their bad years with new orders and everything is finally caught up, it will all be about new materials and the business model will flow much better. Until then, we have to give them (AP-Mike) some slack, as he could have thrown in the towel a couple of years ago.

Now Vince, its not too late to fall into the Korean War series! Trust me, its going to rock! Smile
07-15-2014, 08:46 AM,
(07-15-2014, 08:22 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Two WWI games are scheduled.

And I think both these will please people that want more IA
07-15-2014, 08:51 AM,
(07-15-2014, 08:34 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Vince sorry you are having difficulties. WWI has two scheduled games but none on the Western Front per say. Sometimes its about what is ready, designed and on to development than waiting for things that are not. AP had to have a mix of old and new to stay in business, once they mix in the old orders from their bad years with new orders and everything is finally caught up, it will all be about new materials and the business model will flow much better. Until then, we have to give them (AP-Mike) some slack, as he could have thrown in the towel a couple of years ago.

Now Vince, its not too late to fall into the Korean War series! Trust me, its going to rock! Smile

Jay, I hope when you refer to my difficulties you are not alluding to Thursday nights when I then go by the name of Veronica Big Grin

On a more serious note and to carry on with your post, I have no problem with Mike's new business 'model' for survival. As I said before, many would have walked away and if MB has shown two traits, it is honesty and determination. From a personal note, it just means that I have to wait quite a while for KNF on account of being a Limey .... RACISM IS A CRIME !! Big Grin (another joke btw).

I'm also fretting on missing out on that very small army and some old GJ's. I don't have full confidence on MB holding some back for me Rolleyes
07-16-2014, 09:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM by larry marak.)
A Romanian Boxed set of my own...
[quote='Hugmenot' pid='9764' dateline='1405368808']
So I am guessing a Romanian box set?

After tearing my greying hair out, I realized I had the makings of an unpublishable but enjoyable boxed game, even if I was the only one to ever see it.

Behold, Transylvania 1940. As Romanian and Hungarian troops mobilized on the Transylvanian border in September 1940, Hitler and Mussolini ironed out the second Vienna accord (called the Vienna Diktat in our world). Before they could impose their brutal territorial concession on Rumania, the Iron Dice of war were cast. Fueled by fascist nationalism both sides sought territorial agrandisement, attempting to rewrite the 1919-1920 Transylvania war (which someday we may see in Infantry Attacks). Knowing that Germany depended on Rumanian oil, grain, and lumber, Germany and Italy eventually fueled a Brushfire war for Greater Hungary, while Stalin, realizing that Romanian was Hitler's Achilles Heel, decided to support the Romanian cause via the Odessa-Bessarabian corridor and the Black Sea. A boxed game, using counters from East Front, Road to Berlin, France 40 and Workers and Peasants, and a scad of already published maps. A cold war breaks out between the Soviet Union and the Greater German Reich as an Eastern European war burns on for several years.
07-17-2014, 01:19 AM,
From my perspective, delaying the publication of a WWI WF game on the 100th anniversary of the start of the conflict was to make place for a Korean War game to be published sooner is a strange marketing decision to me..

I don't think the market for a 1914 game will ever be as good as it is in 2014 but maybe I am wrong.
07-17-2014, 01:23 AM,
Well, Fall of Empires is 1914, but most of the customers are either North American, Western European, or Chinese resident, and they'd all be thinking Schliefen, not Conrad. Larry of Arabia sounds like fun though, and will produce a lot more desert panels.
07-17-2014, 02:06 AM,
I am not complaining about the other IA games, Larry. Just that a game on the 1914 West Front published in 2014 would make more marketing sense to me than a game on the Korean War if the primary goal was to grow the brand.

It's not my livelihood so I have no problem with the decision.

It does irk me that the decision is presented as great news because frankly, it is certainly not from my viewpoint. I would much, much rather have a WWI game on the 1914 West Front than a Korean War game or a Romania box this year and that despite being a huge fan of Mike Perryman's scenarios.
07-17-2014, 02:19 AM,
Not to rile Jay, but sequel to a game not published yet sounds kinda strange. I suspect the problem may have been that one large (Fall..) and two monster games may have been just too much editing and playtesting demand on Mike and John. Its just sad that it was announced and then delayed days later.
07-17-2014, 02:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 04:26 AM by JayTownsend.)
If you guys want a WWI game, then you should design something pretty close to complete and turn it in. Then it might speed things up. Personally I am not a WWI fan and bought Infantry Attack more for the maps and to try it out. I might buy the Laurence of Arabia WWI game, as it sounds interesting but I doubt I buy anything else in the WWI line.

WWI games won't just appear unless someone designs them.