Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early ordering PG games
06-08-2014, 06:25 AM,
Early ordering PG games
Can you only early order a game if you are a Gold Club member? The latest 'News from the Front' says the early order price for Army at Dawn will go up soon but I can't find a way to actually order it.

rv
06-08-2014, 07:01 AM,
RE: Early ordering PG games
(06-08-2014, 06:25 AM)richvalle Wrote: Can you only early order a game if you are a Gold Club member?

Rich,

I believe that to be the case, but I am not absolutely certain: is there any consistency or coherence to APL's ordering/shipping procedures? Its a lot like quantum mechanics: one can speak to probabilities of A or B occurring, but whether A or B will occur THIS time is impossible to determine before the event!

PY
06-08-2014, 07:05 AM,
(06-08-2014, 07:01 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 06:25 AM)richvalle Wrote: Can you only early order a game if you are a Gold Club member?

Rich,

I believe that to be the case, but I am not absolutely certain: is there any consistency or coherence to APL's ordering/shipping procedures? Its a lot like quantum mechanics: one can speak to probabilities of A or B occurring, but whether A or B will occur THIS time is impossible to determine before the event!

PY

Hah! If someone here does have the Club membership could they let me know how much Army at Dawn is? Since there is a 30% discount I'm thinking it would be worth it to get the membership for that game and anything else I get during the year (usually not that much... I'm a 1-2 game a year kind of guy).
06-08-2014, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014, 07:19 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Quote:Hah! If someone here does have the Club membership could they let me know how much Army at Dawn is? Since there is a 30% discount I'm thinking it would be worth it to get the membership for that game and anything else I get during the year (usually not that much... ).

$74.99 at the moment.

Quote:I'm a 1-2 game a year kind of guy

I'd sworn off the whole thing, but I got snookered back in by the Grossdeutschland '43 counter set ... I'm sort of stupid that way ... kinda like 'tigers and tuna fish sandwiches' for Calvin & Hobbes fans.
06-08-2014, 07:23 AM,
I'm still waiting for Kursk: North Flank & Saipan. I don't early order anymore. Gold club is only useful if you have have about $200 of ordering planned for the year. Don't do that anymore either.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-10-2014, 01:41 AM,
I am one of those who ordered it many moons ago. So I wonder if the Gold cluber's who also fall into that category will the actual very first ones sent out or the last of the GC's? In any event I expect mine will be a October-December arrival if the first one's go out in June/July.
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM,
Richvalle, the oportunity to early order is limited to Gold Club members...its the only way to get 30% off on the cost of new games, and with the cost of producing them going up and up, its a good idea to get a membership. 2 standard PG games will pay for a year's membership, and it increases the value of anything you buy during the seasonal sales, as gold club members get an ADDITIONAL 20 percent off the prices of already reduced items.

Lately the benefit of belonging has been going up. The golden journal supplies you with professionally produced variant or expansion counters and new scenarios, and the last year's special offer was 3 exclusive pg countersheets if you ordered all 4 of the new PG releases.
06-10-2014, 10:19 AM,
(06-10-2014, 08:41 AM)larry marak Wrote: Richvalle, the oportunity to early order is limited to Gold Club members...its the only way to get 30% off on the cost of new games, and with the cost of producing them going up and up, its a good idea to get a membership. 2 standard PG games will pay for a year's membership, and it increases the value of anything you buy during the seasonal sales, as gold club members get an ADDITIONAL 20 percent off the prices of already reduced items.

Lately the benefit of belonging has been going up. The golden journal supplies you with professionally produced variant or expansion counters and new scenarios, and the last year's special offer was 3 exclusive pg countersheets if you ordered all 4 of the new PG releases.

Thanks Larry. I'd probably be good for 2 at the most in a year with my limited funds. No way I'd ever be able to buy 4 games at once. Smile

Maybe I'll just support my game store and order the game from them. Then everyone wins.
06-12-2014, 05:02 AM,
Question... when ordering games what price is used to get to the $200 free shipping number? List price, sale price, Gold Card price? Anyone know?

Thanks,

rv
06-12-2014, 07:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014, 07:12 AM by vince hughes.)
The amount you actually spend Rich. In other words, the amount of dollars you actually part with and not the games cover price.