Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Day Games for 70th Anniversary
06-06-2014, 03:52 AM,
D-Day Games for 70th Anniversary
I'll be playing scenario 6 of the Airborne module tomorrow in commemoration of the 70th Anniversary, and since that is the only D-Day related module I have so far. Does anyone else commemorate such dates with a special game? If so, what will you be playing?

Tom Oxley
06-06-2014, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014, 04:44 AM by plloyd1010.)
RE: D-Day Games for 70th Anniversary
Take boards 14 & 20. Add US infantry regiment, 4-5 M4/75 (sinkable DD tanks), landing craft from Guadalcanal/Saipan, an LST, M4/76, US engineer company, 1-2 destroyers, German grenadier battalion, 7-10 entrenched stongpoints (Cassino mix), 1 Stug IIIg reinforcement, and a reinforcing grenadier company. US gets random air support plus 2 chosen support draws, and a couple 24 OBA batteries. No woods or towns, side of brd 20 across river from brd 14 is ocean. Americans need to take the heights. Where are you now?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-06-2014, 06:57 AM,
That sounds cool. Still working on collecting some of those, but will print that out to try out when I have more PG games/modules. I will be making up some strongpoint markers in the morning for the Airborne scenarios. Waiting on Saipan reprint but have Guadalcanal for some of the landing craft.

Tom Oxley
06-06-2014, 07:46 AM,
The only differences for the Cassino strongponts is that there is a 9-4, in addition to those in Airborne, and there are 3 of each type. You might consider shortening the beach a little. Add in some wire & mines. You can get more landing craft from the V&V files on BGG (numbers are wrong, but that can be fixed). You may want to make a couple quick LST counters too.

You might check Greg's Panzerblitz, Omaha Beach for some ideas. The maps are a similar scale. The unit density looks a little high to me, but it is otherwise adaptable.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-10-2014, 01:36 AM,
The M4/76 was not part of the battalions that landed on the Day of Days.