Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: Larry APL daily content alert
05-28-2014, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 06:06 AM by Brett Nicholson.)
RE: Attn: Larry APL daily content alert
Since it seems to be a paper and/or a geomorphic map production issue we can expect 'Afrika Korps' to follow the same demise of 'Desert Rats' with 'An Army at Dawn' becoming the core Desert war boxed set. And also see 'Guadacanal' being replaced by 'Saipan 44' as the core Pacific war game. I'm sure 'Cassino 44' will get repackaged eventually. I'm sure they'll all get repackaged or remarketed in the future but that may be quite some time given AP's uncanny production rate (re: Burning Tigers). It's not so much of those boxed sets going out of print but the components they provide for supplements. For example, without 'Afrika Korps' or 'Guadalcanal' being available then supplements like 'Kokoda Trail' seem likely to fall by the wayside or go out of print as it would become virtually unplayable without the Australian OOB. In a way I kind of like that because I already own three of the five games with the paper maps and glad I bought those while available from retailers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Larry APL daily content alert - by Brett Nicholson - 05-28-2014, 06:04 AM