Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The game turn sheet
05-18-2014, 02:17 AM,
The game turn sheet
Hiya, ive finished reading through the 3rd ed rules and I cant find any reference to what to do with the game turn sheet. Sorry if im being overly stupid Smile

I think that for each full game turn time moves on 15 mins, and you would mark of the various numbers on the game turn sheet such as moral etc.

Just let me know if im right.

Thanks.
05-18-2014, 02:36 AM,
RE: The game turn sheet
(05-18-2014, 02:17 AM)count_zero99uk Wrote: Hiya, ive finished reading through the 3rd ed rules and I cant find any reference to what to do with the game turn sheet. Sorry if im being overly stupid Smile

I think that for each full game turn time moves on 15 mins, and you would mark of the various numbers on the game turn sheet such as moral etc.

Just let me know if im right.

Thanks.

The game turn sheet (with the "clock" on it in hours and 0:15 min increments) included in most boxes are mostly used with 2 "Game Turn" counters, one on the 15 min increments and 1 on the hour increment boxes. e.g. if the game starts at 19:30, you would put a counter on "1900" and one on "0:30". I don't know about using it for morale though.

Truthfully, after my first game, I never used the game turn sheet again, preferring to write the # of turns on my notes sheet and crossing them off as I played them and finally using a Scenario Record sheet that has been designed and posted.

I am attaching two that I "re-made" for myself and Vince using MS word. I saved them as a PDF version here. These sheets make it much easier once you have played a few games and are more familiar with the terms and concepts.

The numbered turns sheet has the turn numbers up to 42. the blank one can be used if you play a game more than 42 turns in length as a second sheet to fill in the subsequent turn numbers.

If you want the MS Word .docx versions, let me know. :-)

Attached Files
.pdf   PGScenarioRecordSheet_NumberedTurns.pdf (Size: 272.32 KB / Downloads: 30)
.pdf   PGScenarioRecordSheet_BlankTurns.pdf (Size: 268.72 KB / Downloads: 19)
05-18-2014, 11:02 AM,
Here's a game turn track that was made specifically for Road to Berlin, but can for the most part be used for any game (and there are matching charts to go with it - makes a nice package).

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/18042/rtbturnchrt-pdf

I think there's also one made for Battle of the Buldge
05-18-2014, 12:31 PM,
I use one made for Excel. I load it on my iPad in Documents to Go and use it on the iPad and edit in the information for the scenario and then X off the turns and change the info as step losses occur and initiative goes down etc. I then can store (by syncing Documents to Go) it on my laptop keeping a record of the game played. I got it off the net sometime ago. I don't remember who made it.

See the attached.

Attached Files
.xls   pgscen1_record.2.xls (Size: 31.5 KB / Downloads: 17)
05-18-2014, 08:30 PM,
The pdf one from BGG is the same as the one I printed of only marked up for Africa Korps.
05-18-2014, 09:59 PM,
There were at one time 3 made one each for AK, BB and RtB.
05-20-2014, 02:29 AM,
I'd found an Excel file on BGG that I don't recall the author of and have been using that, having expanded it to up to 3 pages and 150 turns. I downloaded and printed all the other turn sheets as well but have switched to printing and filling out the Excel file. The file is a 2.0, and outside of adding more pages, the only other thing I did was reformat to fit regular 8.5x11 paper. Looked like it was originally formatted for UK paper sizes.
05-20-2014, 04:42 AM,
I make up individualized record sheets for each scenario in Word as I need them. I follow a general template including a color palate. I've attached the record sheet for the first scenario in the new Marianas 1944 supplement.

This may not be for everybody but it works just fine for me.

Attached Files
.docx   Mari 001 White Beach 1 - 2.docx (Size: 18.71 KB / Downloads: 20)
05-22-2014, 07:45 PM,
Attached is my version of a Scenario Record Chart which is based on versions shared on CSW by Mark Robbins and Enrique Eknes.
Tim

Attached Files
.xlsx   Pz Gren - Scenario Record Chart Version 2.xlsx (Size: 14.15 KB / Downloads: 13)
.xlsx   Pz Gren - Scenario Record Chart Version 2 - data example.xlsx (Size: 15.55 KB / Downloads: 9)
05-22-2014, 11:53 PM,
That's the one I use. I added a page so it covers the larger scenarios of more than 30 turns.
(05-22-2014, 07:45 PM)Bluebell88A Wrote: Attached is my version of a Scenario Record Chart which is based on versions shared on CSW by Mark Robbins and Enrique Eknes.
Tim