Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game, Book or Module I'd Like To See
05-08-2014, 03:07 AM,
New Game, Book or Module I'd Like To See
Went back a ways and didn't find a thread on this so thought I would start one. I would love to see a US in North Africa game or book, to cover Torch landings, Kaserine Pass and other things. A book might work, just need to add the early war Armor and things like those truck and halftrack tank destroyers and the M-3 scout cars. Perhaps something for the Vichy French troops.

Tom Oxley
05-08-2014, 03:15 AM,
RE: New Game, Book or Module I'd Like To See
You will see this shortly with the Army at Dawn game:

Army at Dawn
05-08-2014, 03:29 AM,
Thanks for pointing that out. I had somehow thought Army At Dawn was in another series. Need to read those things more closely.
05-08-2014, 06:23 AM,
(05-08-2014, 03:15 AM)campsawyer Wrote: You will see this shortly with the Army at Dawn game:

Army at Dawn

And hopefully the same results as per Kasserine Big Grin
05-08-2014, 07:22 AM,
What we need is a scenario book for El Alamein. Desert Rats stops just before, Army at Dawn starts just after.
05-08-2014, 07:30 AM,
As for boxed games, we need a Spanish Civil War title, done about the size of 1940 the Fall of France. Counters available in such a set would make it possible to print 3 follow-up scenario books. 1. The Rif Wars 2. A what-if covering League of Nations intervention in the 2nd Abyssinian War, and 3 We'd finally have the counters to play out a campaign of the war between the Austro-Italian fascist alliance and Hitler's Germany, just barely touched upon in Tank Battles.
05-08-2014, 08:27 AM,
Belgians

Dutch

British 1940

Norwegians

Canadians

And some kind of innovative city system so that Berlin and Stalingrad (and Aachen) could be played out in perhaps a more interesting way than current town fighting rules allow (I've thought and thought on this so far without success as to something that would entertain and still be in PG realms)

Chinese

Empire troops in Burma and other jungle locations.

More Hungarian, Slovak.

Bulgarians & Yugoslavs.
05-08-2014, 08:35 AM,
I would like to see further expansions or games covering the Mediterranian area. Such as the Italian Invasion of Albania and Greece (bringing two new nationalities to PG); the later British/Commonwealth v.s. German intervention in Greece; the German airborne invasion of Crete; Sicily and Italy (other than 'Cassino 44') or even Operation Dragoon covering the allied invasion of southern France. Of course I think AP will have it's hands full for quite some time before getting around to any of those. Of course El Alamein would be a nice follow-up or expansion for 'An Army at Dawn'. Coverage of the Spanish Civil War would also be nice but unfortunately it would probably be one of those only available direct from AP like 'Conquest of Ethiopia' ... anyway, just my two cents worth.
05-08-2014, 09:38 AM,
(05-08-2014, 07:22 AM)larry marak Wrote: What we need is a scenario book for El Alamein. Desert Rats stops just before, Army at Dawn starts just after.

Better yet, Boxed game for Alamein (including I, II and pursuit), then scenario book for Brits in Tunisia, using maps from Army at Dawn.
05-08-2014, 09:44 AM,
I'd like to see Canadians. I'd also like to see a scenario book for Market-Garden, perhaps with maps. We already have the units.