Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in Impartial Leader Finder
04-26-2014, 12:34 AM,
Error in Impartial Leader Finder
I had used the Impartial Leader feature several times and had not had any problems. As I get ready to run Scenario 11 of Afrika Korps, Post R59, I got this mix:

Australia Army Captain 10-0-1
Australia Army Lieutenant 8-1-0
Britain Army Colonel 9-1-0
Germany Heer Captain 8-0-0
Italy Army Capitano 8-0-0

The problem is that the scenario only calls for one Italian Tank Leader, so shouldn't be any German or Italian leaders, and calls for 1 Captain and 3 Lieutenants for the Australians. I ran it 3 times, and got different values each time but got this same mix of leader types. Thanks for checking.

Tom Oxley
04-26-2014, 01:44 AM,
RE: Error in Impartial Leader Finder
I fixed the Australians. The errant British, German and Italian officers will need to be referred to Drew.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-26-2014, 01:53 AM,
Thanks! I can ignore the unneeded leaders and get this on the table on a slow day at work.

Tom Oxley
04-26-2014, 03:40 AM,
A background note you may be interested in: The M13/40 is from the VII medium battalion. The L3/35 is from either the I "Berardi" light tank battalion or the III "Gregorutti" light tank battalion.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-26-2014, 03:47 AM,
Thanks. I hadn't played much with Italians forces to this point, so this made for an excellent little game.
04-26-2014, 03:59 AM,
Looking ahead to a next scenario, #14 Beda Fomm II, the Impartial Leader list for that scenario also is off from the list in the book. I don't know how much use that gets, but for solo games, I think it's a great thing to have.
04-26-2014, 05:16 AM,
(04-26-2014, 03:47 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Thanks. I hadn't played much with Italians forces to this point, so this made for an excellent little game.

Thomas,

Commanding Italians ?

It can oft be painful !
05-01-2014, 10:29 PM,
(04-26-2014, 03:59 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Looking ahead to a next scenario, #14 Beda Fomm II, the Impartial Leader list for that scenario also is off from the list in the book. I don't know how much use that gets, but for solo games, I think it's a great thing to have.

Hi and welcome! The leaders per game are input by moderators, but the individual scenario OOBs are loaded by regular members as needed. Feel free to correct erroneous loadouts, you have the power! Smile

That being said, Robin (rerathbun) has reported a bug regarding leaders sticking around in the draw despite being removed from the OOB. I'll fix this in early May when I start traveling again.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...