Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of France 1940
03-25-2014, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 01:43 AM by larry marak.)
Fall of France 1940
Per the recent new preview of this reissued game, the eventual plan is to release 2 follow-up games for the 1940 campaign. I understand Phillip has been crafting the battles in Belgium 1940 for eventual release...if the Luxembourg scenarios in the gold club journal aren't what Mike was referring to, then we may have an additional expandion in the works. By the way, the cover for the 4th edition rules version of Fall of France is outstanding.
03-25-2014, 02:50 AM,
RE: Fall of France 1940
'Fall of France' is high on my list of coveted boxed games but that there are no direct supplements using the French units as of yet that available for the proletariat (those not amongst the Gold Club echelon) I have put off purchasing it. Hopefully something will be released as a supplement available from retailers for the masses and not just available direct or for Gold Club members only. Between the Free and Vichy French there are a lot of possibilties for expansions during the course of WWII. I'll try to be patient though! ;-)
03-25-2014, 02:55 AM,
Brett,

Honestly, its a 'must' buy. The game is worth the money just as it is, without supplements (though I'm excited by that prospect). There are some 1940 French troops in the latest Edelweiss FWIW
03-25-2014, 03:12 AM,
(03-25-2014, 02:55 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Brett,

Honestly, its a 'must' buy. The game is worth the money just as it is, without supplements (though I'm excited by that prospect). There are some 1940 French troops in the latest Edelweiss FWIW

No doubt that it is worth buying and is still high on my list of the next boxed purchase; the maps look magnificent from what I've seen. Unfortunately with the Edelweiss expansion it require the ownership of too many games that I don't own to make it a practical purchase at the moment. Once again the problem is that if I am lucky I may be able to afford to get just one more boxed set before this year is up and that's a tough choice. For future expansions it seems that 'Battle of the Bulge' would open up the playability for a lot of expansion scenarios and a pity as I had already owned that one once before years back. And then there's the many possibilities that getting 'Road to Berlin' would provide. I hate having to be frugal but it's essential at the moment. I wish all games could be as bountiful as 'Eastern Front' with the amount of game you get for your money; still think it will take over a year to complete that one with 87 scenarios left to play of it!
03-25-2014, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 03:24 AM by larry marak.)
I'd love to see the Thai French war of January 1941 done as a supplement. The only war the Vichy won although heavily outnumbered, and already partially occupied by the Japanese.
03-25-2014, 03:33 AM,
There should be a supplemental scenario covering this attempt by an English armored infantry platoon to capture by assault a French-held entrenchment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

I'd ask MB, but I don't think he'd be very keen.
03-25-2014, 03:38 AM,
Think it would be nice to have a supplement just focusing on the Foreign Legion with their own counter schemes within a broad time frame covering actions prior to, during and shortly after WWII.
03-25-2014, 04:19 AM,
The Vichy are coming in Army at Dawn.

As for FoF, a must have for maps and French units. Interesting small map scenarios with large unit counts. Makes for so interesting maneuvering.
03-25-2014, 05:32 AM,
I am very excited by the prospect of another couple of early war battles. After playing through the Lehr campaign game and a number of Kursk scenarios it is refreshing to go back to 39/40 and try to accomplish anything with Pz I or Pz II formations. I remain fascinated by the prospect of a Spanish Civil War version with the feeling of the troops in HbnS. It is constantly refreshing to have a game system that can, within the same basic parameters, treat 1930s combat (e.g. China, hint, hint or the Spanish Civil War) with the same dexterity as the armor heavy slugfests of 44/45.

In the meantime, now I have to get another new keyboard as I shorted this one out with drool....
No "minor" country left behind...
03-25-2014, 07:12 AM,
Concerning a BEF expansion of France 1940 I would really rather go for a France 1940 & Afrika Korps combination + 2 new maps than a 1940 + 1 countersheet module containing more English counters.