Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank leaders and night fighting
07-21-2014, 02:30 PM,
RE: Tank leaders and night fighting
(07-21-2014, 07:27 AM)nicky_longbranch Wrote: If they do assign tank leaders how are you supposed to know which tank they're assigned to without counters with ID numbers.

If playing solo just stick a counter under them, I typically use minefield tokens as they're rarely needed.

If playing head-to-head (and thereby needing to conceal who is a leader, at least initially) I suggest tracking location by hex on a separate sheet of paper.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-21-2014, 11:02 PM,
If I remember correctly, one of the prime reasons for the release of Workers and Peasants was to release tank units with identifiers to use with Eastern Front. That is why several Romanian Tanks were included in a counter set for that supplement despite the fact that there were no scenarios with Romanian units.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-22-2014, 01:11 PM,
Awhile back there was a very helpful suggestion (sorry, I forgot who first posted it) to use crayons or markers to color the edges of the tank counters so you could tell them apart for assigning leaders.

When playing solo I usually roll to see if an AT shot hits, then roll to see which tank in the selected hex is hit, so as to randomize whether I take out the leader or not.
07-22-2014, 01:58 PM,
(07-22-2014, 01:11 PM)rerathbun Wrote: When playing solo I usually roll to see if an AT shot hits, then roll to see which tank in the selected hex is hit, so as to randomize whether I take out the leader or not.
I use the same mechanic when playing solitaire.
07-23-2014, 12:09 AM,
Ditto
No "minor" country left behind...