Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Of The Things I Like On PGHQ
03-15-2014, 10:46 PM,
One Of The Things I Like On PGHQ
When logging into the site, I have to confess I get an 'PG uplift' when I see plays entered on the stats page, not necessarily by a new player, but by the guys who just beaver away here and there at the game.

For example, one player I have noticed is "Davidthedad" and his opponent "Gulatum". Its good to see these players are fitting in their face to face games as and when they can. Of course, the heavy inputters keep the place going (Matt W, nebelwurfer, michael murphy, poor yorek, driddle01), but it is nice to see other names adding to the games played when they can.

Me? .... I''m somewhere in between being dependent on opponents. Heart
03-15-2014, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 11:18 PM by Brett Nicholson.)
RE: One Of The Things I Like On PGHQ
Amazing testimony Vince; I think we were just simultaneously blogging on a like subject on different threads! Must be the counter-beer after our session this morning! :-)
03-16-2014, 12:23 AM,
(03-15-2014, 10:46 PM)vince hughes Wrote: For example, one player I have noticed is "Davidthedad" and his opponent "Gulatum". Its good to see these players are fitting in their face to face games as and when they can. Of course, the heavy inputters keep the place going (Matt W, nebelwurfer, michael murphy, poor yorek TheDoctor, Beast, driddle01), but it is nice to see other names adding to the games played when they can

There, fixed. But, yeah, I agree. It is satisfying to see folks attacking different areas of the game (as others have noted). Members A & B crunching through KSF; another attacking the Massif of Cassino; Peter following the Ivy Division; Vince methodically attacking "the West Wall," etc. Other than the new game play frenzies, PG offers sufficient variety that folks seem to find (and change over time as their interests evolve) their various niches.

That was part of my enthusiasm for the ribbons (and for suggesting a modification to the scheme): namely, to provide something of a visual "record" - in conjunction with data tables - of how one person's 75 plays might differ from another's 75 plays (both of the same rank).

And what's this about drinking beer in the morning? Rolleyes
03-16-2014, 01:06 AM,
Time to dust off those glasses .... AFTER our morning session; we usually end between between noon and 1 P.M. Euro time. Well, actaully Vince is out of London and an hour behind so there's no telling but it's the weekend so ...
03-16-2014, 01:08 AM,
Quote:And what's this about drinking beer in the morning?

It is called PGUI - Panzer Grenadier under the influence.

No laws against it but it could affect you play either good or bad Tongue
03-16-2014, 01:24 AM,
(03-16-2014, 01:08 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
Quote:And what's this about drinking beer in the morning?

It is called PGUI - Panzer Grenadier under the influence.

No laws against it but it could affect you play either good or bad Tongue

I definitely try to avoid that unless it's a solo play and even then in moderation. One of the reasons I prefer shared matches first thing in the morning rather than later on; my last evening match against Vince was a humiliating defeat after one too many pints.
But on the other hand, I think I do better playing in the mornings with a hangover as it kind of puts the edge on and simulates a battle-like situation ;-)
03-16-2014, 04:00 AM,
I have to admit that I get excited when I see new names on the lists of new plays and also get excited when I see in the promotions someone rising from recruit. The spread of this community is a plus for all of us and is fueled far more by those being added to the lists than by those of us with 100+ plays.
No "minor" country left behind...