Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Soviet Initiative FR #24
03-16-2014, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 02:24 AM by rerathbun.)
RE: Missing Soviet Initiative FR #24
Shad has improved the Additional Notes section so that multiple notes are separated as paragraphs. He's left it up to us whether the Kursk map substitution on Scenario 43 should be an 'Additional Note' or an 'Erratum.'

I put it in Additional Notes, believing that there's nothing "wrong" with the scenario, it simply used the map that was available when it was published. That said, I have no problem moving it to the Errata if that's where most of us prefer it. Any comments?

Also, should I add the map note to the other scenarios around Voroshilova (scenarios 16, 18, 19 and 24). As Ottavio wrote in his original post on the map substitutions, "That village is relevant but never key in those scenarios with the exception of [43], which focuses on the assault to the village."
03-16-2014, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 03:01 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Robin,

I only suggested the errata earlier (in post #5) as that was the only part of the scenario description to which I had access (not knowing what other responses might be forthcoming). Since you clearly have access to other areas and are willing to do the entry, I concur that "Additional Notes" seems more appropriate for map substitution updates. In any case, I certainly was not intending to be pedantic regarding where the clarification is cited.

And I'd say affirmative with addition of the other map substitutions (knowing that I am affirming more work for someone else!). Even if not directly relevant to the VCs, it gives folks who have those maps an option. No one is forced to use the map alternative.

Thank you for your assistance. Again, another great aspect of this Site at work.

PY
03-18-2014, 04:36 PM,
Since 100% of responders favor adding the updated map note to the scenarios 16, 18, 19 and 24, I will do so.

Poor Yorek,
Didn't mean to give the impression that I thought you were being pedantic. I understand now why you suggested the errata section. I sometimes forget that not everyone can access all the parts of the site that I can.

Ottavio,
Please check the wording of the notes to make sure it's to your liking. I'm crediting you with the note and want to make sure it's what you want to say. If you'd like me to make any changes I'd be happy to do so.

Robin
03-18-2014, 11:20 PM,
Robin,
I'm fine with the text of the additional note.
However I'm not sure if it should be spelled out more clearly that this is an optional change and not an errata.
May be you could start by writing sometthing like this: "The game designer suggest the following optional change".

By the way, I started working on the overlay.

Ottavio
03-19-2014, 02:45 AM,
(03-18-2014, 11:20 PM)otto Wrote: May be you could start by writing sometthing like this: "The game designer suggest the following optional change".

By the way, I started working on the overlay.

Ottavio

Changes made! I'm looking forward to the overlay. Hopefully AvPress will see it and follow through on the idea of publishing it and other overlays.

Thank you Otto and Poor Yorek for your input.

Robin
03-19-2014, 03:43 AM,
(03-19-2014, 02:45 AM)rerathbun Wrote: Thank you Otto and Poor Yorek for your input.

Good stuff. Question => resolution => improvement for those who follow.
03-19-2014, 06:18 PM,
I attach a work in progress for the overlay.

Big effort, painfull copy and paste work, ... certainly not a professional result.
But eventually it will look better (e.g. to light brown areas close to the wood will almost disapear).
I did not check the hex size, I will fix that as the last step.

Ottavio

Attached Files Image(s)

03-19-2014, 11:36 PM,
Coming along nicely there.