Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are bounty points for?
03-08-2014, 01:36 AM,
What are bounty points for?
Drew, what's the idea here? You've had the points award for a long time. Personalized icons & stuff might be good. What were you intending?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-08-2014, 02:12 AM,
RE: What are bounty points for?
I always assumed you would create a leader counter with my picture on it once I hit 100,000 bounty points.

Make sure it is a Canadian counter!
03-08-2014, 02:30 AM,
[Image: One_Piece_Wanted_Poster_by_ei819.png]
03-08-2014, 04:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 04:24 AM by plloyd1010.)
Daniel, did you mean something like this?

[attachment=546]
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-08-2014, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 04:30 AM by Hugmenot.)
Thanks!

That works for me although I don't think it's fair I would fail a M2 check on dr 12.
03-08-2014, 04:46 AM,
That's the last time I use Alex Anderson as a cultural reference!Tongue

The counter is based on some more serious musings Ottavio and were engaged in last year. My counter set needs to be expanded with Skinks, Rams & such.

Back on topic: Drew, what have you got in mind?
03-08-2014, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 05:00 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Quote:Daniel, did you mean something like this?

That's great. Next up, Colonel Kit Coyote.
03-08-2014, 05:25 AM,
Bully sergeant, bully!
03-08-2014, 08:10 AM,
I not Shad but I had a hand in the discussion for the bounty need. It was for play and AAR stimilation. Back a few years ago we dicussed how to get more AARs into PGHQ, Shad put this together to try to get more plays and AARs, as well as a bit of competitiveness to the group. Whether that has done this is up for debate, ideas to freshen this would be good.
03-08-2014, 09:03 AM,
I pried open the door on our long neglected Articles section to pull out this quote from the article which accompanied the launch of the bounty system:

Quote:What are these bounty points worth? Nothing, really, other than bragging rights. Members with high bounty totals play a lot of unplayed scenarios, play small amounts of unplayed monster scenarios, or in rare cases play lots of unplayed, monster scenarios! In short, your bounty score is tells us how much you're helping to drive PG-HQ forwards.

That's pretty much it. The higher someone's average bounty score the more they are knocking down unplayed and/or large scenarios.

Today Hammer & Sickle #14 (8 maps, 292 counters, few owners, unplayed) will get you 569 points, whereas Battle of the Bulge #1 (1 map, 17 counters, many owners, 49 plays) will get you 42 points.

I never had anything in mind past that simple prod to play new stuff. Also, if you read the original article it more or less assumes that PG was pretty much done as far as new scenarios went. Such was the state of AP at the time.

The graph in that article shows us at nearly 50% play coverage at the end of 2010. Our current graph based on today's scenario total of 1,908 shows us at a bit less than 30% play coverage at the end of 2010, so we've added somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 scenarios since that article was written if my early morning math is correct.

Having explained the background, I'm welcome to hear suggestions for change?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...