Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who ordered burning tigers when
03-07-2014, 02:27 AM,
who ordered burning tigers when
Kursk has been available for pre-order 3 times in its long life. Some us ordered it as the classic 80 scenario PG Citadel. I ordered it during the second offering when sourth flank and north flank were available right before the near submergence of Avalanche Press. Since Sept 9th its been available for pre-order to Gold Club members as Burning Tigers.

When did you order yours? Which job, or President or wife were you on at that distant time?Cool
03-07-2014, 02:29 AM,
RE: who ordered burning tigers when
I order Kursk: Operation Citadel in March of 2009.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-07-2014, 03:00 AM,
I ordered both South Flank and North Flank in late 2011.
03-07-2014, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 05:16 AM by Poor Yorek.)
The quick answer to the actual question is that I ordered KBT only recently to take advantage of the Gold Club "Fourth Age" sale and "free stuff." I'm a certified member of "Counters Anonymous," and that Grossdeutschland set was like waving a flag in front of a bull. Help me.

I ordered KSF soon after the division of the game was announced - I think I was waiting for a good sale on Citadel and the game division came first. As some here may recall from previous postings, I cancelled my order for KSF when it became clear that APL was following a ship current orders before pre-orders policy (a topic that caused some debate here and on CSW). It was actually worse, as some pre-orders were delivered, but others not.

FWIW, I added KSF to my Fourth Age order in the hope that, this time, APL will be forthcoming with timely delivery (and, pray, a product reasonably free of errata). TheDoctor's giving me the sad eye treatment might have played a role as well.
03-07-2014, 07:20 AM,
Ordered them both when they were offered as seperate boxes. Got em' as buy 2 get 1 free or something. Good offer at the time.
03-07-2014, 08:43 AM,
11/20/2008 14:46:46 EDT
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM,
It has been so long that I cannot remember. I know I was one of the first with both games as one. I was soon after Jay's time so that must be going on 6 years. Or it could be a lifetime.
03-07-2014, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 10:37 AM by Michael Murphy.)
So long ago that I barely remember it. I bailed when AP announced a pre-price increase sale for some of their newer games. Games I didn't own. One in particular, Cassino caught my eye. I called AP and changed my order from Kursk to Cassino. When I opened the package I could see that Cassino was one hell of a game in its own right. I had chosen wisely this time.

Interesting. I had completely forgotten my own Kursk connection until this thread caught my eye and jogged my memory.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
03-07-2014, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 10:30 AM by wkenney53.)
I ordered Burning Tigers, Pusan, and Saipan between September of 2013 and February of this year to take advantage of the GD counters. An Army at Dawn and Fall of France were ordered mid October. Hoping these qualify as 'ancient orders' but we will see. I am really enjoying the system and hoping the 4th edition will tidy things up without resorting to the ASL phone book
of rules.
03-07-2014, 02:41 PM,
I'm one of those who ordered the game when it was one project 6 or 7 years ago.