Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Tigers
07-22-2014, 12:54 AM,
RE: Burning Tigers
Personally I think he new pictorial counters are most effective in scenarios with very small orders of battle. For example, if you are playing BoB sc1 you would be unlikely to have more than 5 of them on the board at any one time. My favorite counters are the ones that depict map conditions...ruin counters, airstrip counters, smoke and conflagration counters. I was hoping 4th edition would have included a standard marker set and a half sheet of special condition counters. I'd like to see more pontoon bridges, maginot line fortification counters, pol depots and other objectives represented as map condition counters. Can you imagine a set of 6 town hex counters allowing you to modify the terrain of almost any map panel?

Most of us will use what we are used to for quick-recognition's sake.
07-25-2014, 11:42 PM,
The 4th ed download page is up with the rules, counters, charts, map and scenario from this game. However I've tried to open it from both the company and the series thread on CSW with no success so far. I'll try again later today. Somebody was wanting all the charts and they are a part of this set.
07-26-2014, 12:05 AM,
I'm waiting for the charts! This is a horrible tease. Smile

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we can get to it later today.
07-26-2014, 12:20 AM,
I was able to download everything by right-clicking the hyperlinks and selecting Save Link As ... from the popup menu.

It took a while for the Save As menu to display the first time, at least 45 seconds. Much faster afterwards.
07-26-2014, 12:26 AM,
Hey, that worked much better. Thanks!
07-26-2014, 12:31 AM,
You're welcome.
07-26-2014, 12:50 AM,
Still no optional rules included but beats the copies I made for the other games. I've started purging all the 3d edition rules and tables and replacing them after making a copy of the rules from Saipan 44 reprint and the tables included there. My copier makes a decent stapled booklet but shrinks everything a little bit, so everthing has a quarter inch space on the right edge of each page for the rules book. I've made up my Word file of the optional stuff, converted to PDF and inserted into the rule book file so it all prints out into one book. With no ftf players yet, it's easier for me to invest my time into the one set of rules instead of trying to keep up with 2.
07-26-2014, 12:58 AM,
All the optionals have been released in 2 daily contents a few weeks ago. You now have the ability to manufacturer your own 4th edition conversion sets for all 74 games :-)

I find it neat and very timely that the new introductory free game is taken from Burning Tigers instead of P.G. East Front.
07-26-2014, 09:03 AM,
I just went there and was able to download everything. I made a Word doc of the optional's. I can send it too anybody if it's okay. Contact me off line.
09-06-2014, 03:45 AM,
BT came today and I echo others it looks great.