Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Avalanche Press Support
07-15-2014, 09:11 AM,
RE: OT - Avalanche Press Support
Did you get your boats sorted, Lucky Eddie?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-15-2014, 09:24 AM,
(07-15-2014, 09:05 AM)larry marak Wrote: Complaining by itself doesn't get you anywhere, often the complaint can't be resolved to the customer's satisfaction...i.e. Ironclads will come out someday, it won't come out tomorrow, and certainly can't come out four years ago. If you have a missing part, or a severely damaged box, or a lost order, let him know at Mike@..... He won't get to it instantly, but he does read his emails.

Larry, I don't think that we are talking about just about general "belly aching", but the fact that APL's customer service as well as policies and procedures are questionable. There has been many issues over the years that have been handled very inconsistently and seemingly on the whim of Mike B. rather than in a consistent and predictable manner. The fact is that some emails are answered and some are not, or if an issue is politely pressed, the emails and customer service stop.
07-15-2014, 02:21 PM,
(07-15-2014, 09:05 AM)larry marak Wrote: ...i.e. Ironclads will come out someday, it won't come out tomorrow, and certainly can't come out four years ago.

Ow... Sad

Working on it, Larry! Smile

Steve, yes, please advise if the RtM counters from March query showed up.

-Jim
07-15-2014, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2014, 09:36 PM by nicky_longbranch.)
(07-15-2014, 09:05 AM)larry marak Wrote: Complaining by itself doesn't get you anywhere, often the complaint can't be resolved to the customer's satisfaction...i.e. Ironclads will come out someday, it won't come out tomorrow, and certainly can't come out four years ago. If you have a missing part, or a severely damaged box, or a lost order, let him know at Mike@..... He won't get to it instantly, but he does read his emails.

Not True, Emailed him FOUR Times,Never Received a Reply, EVER.

P.S. I'm "Gold Club" , What a Joke
07-16-2014, 05:03 AM,
The latest update on my situation with Avalanchepress (APL).

First, for Shad and Stear, Mr. Bennighof sent me one e-mail requesting shipping info. I have not yet seen any countersheet from him for Remember the Maine.

Second, I made another order with APL. They shipped the order as stated. I did not receive the order because of mishandling by the US Postal Service (I do have the notice from the Post Office). The order was for two modules: PG - Going for Broke and GWAS Bengal Bay. I have notified APL by e-mail and voice mail. They have yet to get back with me on this.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but if APL would be more diligent in responding to their customers they could gain more business and avoid a lot of headaches. Their (and the wargaming industry's) reputation would be much better.

Steve Gaughan
aka, Lucky Eddie
07-16-2014, 08:35 AM,
Ed, Steve

As well as many business decision errors, the APL path in the 5 or 6 years I have been following it (and buying their goods) is frustratingly littered with many disgruntled customers asking simply about products they have paid for etc. Why on earth Mike can not get this probably most simple facet of business sorted ... making the customer happy or at least felt they are being heard is very very silly and probably damaging.

I too have come to the end of investiture out of utter despair on the subjects of consistency of product and quality assurance of components (NOT talking thick counters here Dan). Added to that this weeks decision to leave overseas Burning Tigers orders for foreigners not to be shipped until their next parcel (mine will be Army at Dawn which is a good wait yet) and the possible loss because of that decison or policy of out of print journals and special counters I should have received means I am not happy.

The reason I write that is not to allay your anger or disappointment, but more to let you know your not alone in being ******* lately.
07-16-2014, 08:54 AM,
Thanks for your support, Vince.

Lucky Eddie
(07-16-2014, 08:35 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Ed, Steve

As well as many business decision errors, the APL path in the 5 or 6 years I have been following it (and buying their goods) is frustratingly littered with many disgruntled customers asking simply about products they have paid for etc. Why on earth Mike can not get this probably most simple facet of business sorted ... making the customer happy or at least felt they are being heard is very very silly and probably damaging.

I too have come to the end of investiture out of utter despair on the subjects of consistency of product and quality assurance of components (NOT talking thick counters here Dan). Added to that this weeks decision to leave overseas Burning Tigers orders for foreigners not to be shipped until their next parcel (mine will be Army at Dawn which is a good wait yet) and the possible loss because of that decison or policy of out of print journals and special counters I should have received means I am not happy.

The reason I write that is not to allay your anger or disappointment, but more to let you know your not alone in being ******* lately.
07-16-2014, 12:37 PM,
(07-16-2014, 08:54 AM)Lucky Eddie Wrote: Thanks for your support, Vince.

Lucky Eddie
(07-16-2014, 08:35 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Ed, Steve

Awesome, Thanks Guys