Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Club Query
03-02-2014, 12:18 AM,
RE: Gold Club Query
(02-21-2014, 08:12 PM)tanzerleader Wrote: i think im going to have to join up. the ethiopia game, the korean game, the tunisia game and the moroccan, 7th armd and grossdeutschland div sets. its too much. i cant handle it i am going to cave in and join.

the luxemburgers may have sealed the deal though

I'm seriously considering also joining... The games I'm looking at are both Kursks, Saipan, Tunisia and Korea - yea, Korea. The maps are selling me on this!

But if i do that, i'll have to get more shelves... and more shelves mean a bigger basement... and a bigger basement means a new house... and a new house means a new mortgage... and a new mortgage means kids don't go to college... UGH!

so the choice is spend $35 for the gold club or kids going to college... DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!
03-02-2014, 12:39 AM,
(03-02-2014, 12:18 AM)Dean_P Wrote: [quote='tanzerleader' pid='7879' dateline='1392977554']
But if i do that, i'll have to get more shelves... and more shelves mean a bigger basement... and a bigger basement means a new house... and a new house means a new mortgage... and a new mortgage means kids don't go to college... UGH!

so the choice is spend $35 for the gold club or kids going to college... DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!

Dean,

Kids go to college -> leave home -> empty room -> PG space.

Or, corrupt the kids into playing PG -> they decide to live at home for the rest of their lives and move into the basement -> convert room into PG space.

You can tell I've given this some thought! :-) Fortunately, TheDoctor is at a chess tournament.

Seriously, though, we are in the final stages of waiting for the acceptance notices (which mostly are tendered in March). x-fingers.
03-02-2014, 08:03 AM,
(03-02-2014, 12:39 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 12:18 AM)Dean_P Wrote: [quote='tanzerleader' pid='7879' dateline='1392977554']

Dean,

Kids go to college -> leave home -> empty room -> PG space.

Or, corrupt the kids into playing PG -> they decide to live at home for the rest of their lives and move into the basement -> convert room into PG space.

You can tell I've given this some thought! :-) Fortunately, TheDoctor is at a chess tournament.

Seriously, though, we are in the final stages of waiting for the acceptance notices (which mostly are tendered in March). x-fingers.

I think if the doctor is a chess playing and pg playing teenager you don't have to worry about him getting into university. I think he will be fine.
03-14-2014, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 07:31 AM by JayTownsend.)
Gold Club letter last night was pretty sweet!
03-14-2014, 05:41 AM,
What did it say for those of us who are not GC members?
03-14-2014, 06:26 AM,
(03-14-2014, 05:41 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: What did it say for those of us who are not GC members?

Nothing, dammit! Big Grin

Ya gotsta pays yer money ta see wot's inside. Cool

I really haven't been tempted to join GC until this year. Now I'm giving it some serious thought. North and South Kursk in the same order sounds really interesting. Smile
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
03-14-2014, 06:29 AM,
(03-02-2014, 12:18 AM)Dean_P Wrote: SNIP ...

Hi, my name is Michael and ... uh, this is kinda hard ... um.. I'm a wargamer. Blush
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
03-14-2014, 06:30 AM,
Take a look at the Daily Content. The first 6 or so scenarios are Army Detachment Kempf and since the GD '43 counter set is being said to be useful in Burning Tigers I expect that fully 1/2 of the scenarios will be on the east and west flanks of II SS PzKorps (meaning more South Flank). I don't suppose I am surprised because just how much fun would the slamming of not quite enough force into immovable object (North Flank) be?
No "minor" country left behind...
03-14-2014, 07:12 AM,
Michael, this is a good time to join. Get your $35 back pretty much with your first order if you order 3 titles. And the extras for members are getting better each month :-0

Of course, Avalanche seems to be slow as molasses at the moment......
03-14-2014, 07:52 AM,
(03-14-2014, 05:41 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: What did it say for those of us who are not GC members?

Not to worry, Daniel. Jay's just experiencing an ecstasy because the word Saipan was mentioned. Cool