Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tweak] Cross-linked AARs
02-09-2014, 12:48 AM,
[Tweak] Cross-linked AARs
On the subject of AARs, tonight I've removed an item from my developer to-do list that languished for almost two years: cross-linking AARs.

From now on if you view an AAR for a shared play, for example:

armyduck95 - "It's a Trap!!!"

Within the inset we list the other participants. If they have also written AARs those AARs are now automatically linked beside their names.

This is a miniscule change, hence the [Tweak] tag on this post, but I find clicking back and forth between AARs for the same battle very interesting and satisfying.

I hope you do too!

(oh, and write more AARs! Tongue )
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-09-2014, 12:55 AM,
RE: [Tweak] Cross-linked AARs
Great addition! (and not just because you used me as an example). That is a great tool for AARs - God I wish we had you talent in the military Lesson Learned community to link and compare shared Tactics Techniques and Procedures, AARs, etc. to compare different perspectives to get an idea of a "greater whole" of an event. Thanks Shad. I look forward to this!
02-09-2014, 01:42 AM,
Very good Shad. Viewing both sides of the battle. Probably as far you can go with getting a 360 view of the battle. Only thing better would be some way to dove-tail key points so that you can see what both sides were thinking at the same point. I know I have done that verbally with Vince, Wayne and others after the play is complete. It would be nice as an AAR reader to get that same flavor from both AAR's. But this would be a incredible feat of document analysis and construction.

Hey Armyduck95, in looking at the play that was two years ago when we did this one. Maybe time for another?
02-09-2014, 05:09 AM,
I doubt something is broken, but I see nothing but the AAR. What else am I meant to be seeing.
02-09-2014, 06:32 AM,
Vince, look next to the participants in the little box in the upper left look for (AAR)
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM,
(02-09-2014, 01:42 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Very good Shad. Viewing both sides of the battle. Probably as far you can go with getting a 360 view of the battle. Only thing better would be some way to dove-tail key points so that you can see what both sides were thinking at the same point. I know I have done that verbally with Vince, Wayne and others after the play is complete. It would be nice as an AAR reader to get that same flavor from both AAR's. But this would be a incredible feat of document analysis and construction.

Hey Armyduck95, in looking at the play that was two years ago when we did this one. Maybe time for another?

YES, I am well overdue. I might be able to put something together next week or next month (or both...)