Poll: Which one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PG classic
33.33%
3 33.33%
Truer rendering
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungarian
02-08-2014, 02:21 AM,
Hungarian
As I am am knocking personalized leaders and leader, I went to the minor Axis countries. Finland was easy, Romania not too hard either. Hungary was a problem though. The symbol is based on the Order of Merit, Officer’s Cross with Swords. I cobbled copied, and stole a sword from the Austro-Hungarian coat of arms. Here is what I came up with:
[attachment=519]
The one on the left is most like the symbol on a Hungarian leader counter (I think I have better swords). The right side is more like the actual medal the counter was based on. Opinions on which would look better on a counter?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-08-2014, 02:35 AM,
RE: Hungarian
second one.
02-08-2014, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 02:45 AM by Michael Murphy.)
Question  RE: Hungarian
One of the nice touches that AP developed for PG was a little bit of unobtrusive bling on their counters. The rightmost cross captures that essence perfectly.

EDIT:
Whoa now there for just a second. I'm a bit confused on the wording of your poll. Which symbol goes with which description? I'm completely confused. Huh

I can easily see myself voting "wrongly" if we can use that term for the design of a board game piece. Big Grin
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
02-08-2014, 10:51 AM,
I like the one on the right and voted as such, but I think the gold trim around the cross would probably not show up when reduced to the size of a counter's bit of flair.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-08-2014, 12:37 PM,
I go for the one on the right as well.
No "minor" country left behind...
02-08-2014, 12:54 PM,
The PG classic is the cross pn the left. The truer version is on the right.

When I was looking for the medal, I noticed the color always had bare gold around the edge. I found the basic image this morning. I added the crown, St. Stephens cross. I got the swords from the eagle's talons of the Austrian coat of arms.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-08-2014, 02:11 PM,
Thanks for the clarification. Vote cast for Truer Rendering.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!