Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[House Rules] C&C: The Yanks are coming!
02-06-2014, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 01:22 AM by plloyd1010.)
C&C: The Yanks are coming!
As the Ivy division marches on, we decided to add some character with leader characters. After a false start I settled on these 7:

Combat Infantryman Badge
Expert Infantryman Badge
Bronze Star
Silver Star
Distinguished Service Medal
Distinguished Service Cross
Medal of Honor

The Expert Infantryman Badge is a peculiar American thing focusing more on training & specialization. As such I reduced the combat leadership requirement, but the skill requirement is quite high. Functionally you mostly buy it, but there is a bravery component. I am still not all together happy with it, but it should work in the game.

I almost left the Medal of Honor out because those guys go home and do war-bond drives. Since there was the VC and other awards like it, I put it in.

Attached Files
.pdf   C&C American Medals.pdf (Size: 64.58 KB / Downloads: 38)
.pdf   Personalized American leaders.pdf (Size: 913.75 KB / Downloads: 39)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-06-2014, 08:35 AM,
RE: C&C: The Yanks are coming!
^ I enjoyed some momentary amusement imagining a letter to one's congressman nominating a PG leader character for a CMH - which is, of course, its real name.

Congressman to Aide: "I get all this about heroism in the face of fire; storming an enemy dug-in position; rallying troops and so forth: but what's this about 'making four consecutive M2 checks' "?
02-06-2014, 10:23 AM,
RE: C&C: The Yanks are coming!
Aide: "Here's your drink congressman. I'll look into making M2 checks and how much those cost the taxpayers. Maybe we can get a big contract for your district." Big Grin
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!