Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2014 February Update
02-01-2014, 07:39 PM,
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2014 February Update
Hello again! It's been awhile! Rolleyes

In fact, I haven't regularly visited my own site since November 2013 or so and haven't written any new code since September, sadly.

PG-HQ will turn four years old this year, which means I've been working on it for almost five. Long gone are the days when I could commit several hours a day to developing the site. Fortunately, the evaporation of my free time corresponds to an improving career, but I do miss being able to crank out new features on a regular basis.

At the moment I'm off for Chinese New Year and will use this time to get caught up on my PG-HQ email, fix some bugs that popped up during my absence, award all the outstanding medals, patch our forum software, and catch up on reading all the forum spam wisdom you've shared in my absence. Tongue

Once that's done I will resume working on the Elsenborn Ridge VASSAL module, which I had about half complete when work got too pressing last autumn.

It's very gratifying to see that things have continued apace in my absence. Plays and AARs are still rolling in, new players are still showing up from time to time, and the forum is about to hit 7,500 posts... all of them brilliant, I'm sure. Wink

May the Year of the Horse be good to us all! Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-02-2014, 04:01 PM,
RE: [PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2014 February Update
Shad - I deeply appreciate all your hard work on this great community
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM,
Making some progress here: got 2 medals out the door and added 5 scenarios to Edelweiss IV. Smile
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM,
Making good progress!
  • more tour of duty medals awarded
  • Hammer & Sickle data complete
  • Edelweiss IV data complete
  • Invasion of Germany data complete
  • Forum software upgraded
Remaining backlog:
  • email inbox
  • a couple more tour of duty medals
  • complete VASSAL module for Elsenborn Ridge
02-06-2014, 12:35 AM,
(02-05-2014, 01:22 PM)Shad Wrote: Making good progress!
  • more tour of duty medals awarded
  • Hammer & Sickle data complete
  • Edelweiss IV data complete
  • Invasion of Germany data complete
  • Forum software upgraded
Remaining backlog:
  • email inbox
  • a couple more tour of duty medals
  • complete VASSAL module for Elsenborn Ridge

Shad, what about the setup for Liberation?
02-06-2014, 12:45 AM,
That's part of my email inbox - Robin sent me everything I need long, long ago.
02-06-2014, 05:33 AM,
(02-06-2014, 12:45 AM)Shad Wrote: That's part of my email inbox - Robin sent me everything I need long, long ago.

On with it man!!! Big Grin
02-06-2014, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 07:07 AM by Michael Murphy.)
It appears that I sparked a flurry of activity when I asked for someone to finish Edelweiss IV before starting work on Liberation. Damn, I hate when that happens. Blush

Anyway I think it only appropriate to publicly thank those of you who work to maintain this site. Well done guys. Take a bow and have a brew or two. I believe that there's a beer thread around here somewhere. Big Grin
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
02-06-2014, 07:32 AM,
I agree with Michael and it is amazing how much of us aspiring grognards enjoy a good brew. Shad and staff and crew do a great job here and likely have real jobs and lives but I am personally grateful for the care and devotion taken to this site. I profess to only ask the most mundane and possibly annoying questions at the forum but am amazed at how quick that someone, sometimes within minutes, is able to generate a response or answer. Okay, beer break is over, keep up the good work but please hurry up with getting the 'Liberation '44' data in guys! ...lol... ;-)
02-06-2014, 12:30 PM,
The groundwork has been laid for getting Liberation 1944 into the Library. Because I do not own the game, I can be of no further assistance.

Those of you impatient to start recording Lib44 plays may now immediately begin pestering rerathbun, campsawyer, Matt W, and plloyd as they are your content entry team! Big GrinTongue