Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Invasion of Germany" query
01-20-2014, 02:34 AM,
RE: "Invasion of Germany" query
(01-20-2014, 02:23 AM)rerathbun Wrote: Just looked through my copy of IoG. It has 50 scenarios, not 48, and includes all of the scenarios from Aachen 1944, North of Elsenborn, Roer River Battles, Siegfried Line and West Wall.

I just put through my order so, perhaps in some undefined amount of time, I can report back. Here is the language from the APL site: Invasion of Germany is a book supplement for the Panzer Grenadier series. It contains 48 (yes, forty-eight) scenarios set along the German border. The parenthetical emphasis is in the original. Certainly I hope that this is a misprint error on APL's part.

The original supplements have a lot of history here and a fair number of awarded Tour of Duty ribbons. Perhaps IoG could be incorporated as a separate, complete expansion coded in such a way that scenarios played/entered into the separate 10-scenario packs automatically appear in the full IoG list? That is, plays entered into any of the separate 10-Sc packs appears in IoG (or vice-versa). Then perhaps anyone who truly masters "the West Wall" by playing all 50 would have individual ToD ribbons for each 10-Sc set, but one also for IoG indicating completion of the whole?

Well, back to Sc #4 in NoEl which, as Vince AAR'd previously, is an excellent scenario.

PY First Sergeant (select)
01-20-2014, 02:50 AM,
(01-20-2014, 02:24 AM)vince hughes Wrote: I believe Shad is in conference with the North Korean leader Re: SE Asian World dominance ?

Maybe that explains Dennis Rodman checking into rehab... he lost his influential position w/ Kim Jong-Un to Shad!
01-20-2014, 06:21 AM,
(01-20-2014, 02:50 AM)Dean_P Wrote: Maybe that explains Dennis Rodman checking into rehab... he lost his influential position w/ Kim Jong-Un to Shad!

I think MIB (Men in Black) had Rodman nailed years ago. Cool
01-20-2014, 08:19 AM,
Video  RE: "Invasion of Germany" query
(01-20-2014, 02:23 AM)rerathbun Wrote: Just looked through my copy of IoG. It has 50 scenarios, not 48, and includes all of the scenarios from Aachen 1944, North of Elsenborn, Roer River Battles, Siegfried Line and West Wall.

The cover of my IoG is the same as the one shown on Avalanche Press's website. Either the 48 is a typo or it's a second edition (perhaps produced after the death of the printernator?).

PY, if you do order it, can you let us know so we can compare copies? Mine has 50 scenarios in 66 pages.

I just checked my IoG and it has a 2011 print date and 50 scenarios. I believe this contains all the scenarios - in fact, I downloaded an excel cross-reference somewhere that shows which IoG scenario belonged to which previous supplement. I have attached it here.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Pz Gren Invasion of Germany scenarios.xlsx (Size: 19.01 KB / Downloads: 9)
01-21-2014, 01:22 AM,
(01-20-2014, 08:19 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: I have attached it here.

Nice.

When I receive my order, I'll check it against this. Hopefully, there was just a miscommunication at APL when they typed up the description for the IoG re-release (vide supra).

PY
01-21-2014, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014, 01:38 AM by Hugmenot.)
I just looked at my digital copy of Invasion of Germany and it includes 50 scenarios. It has 69 pages long which is an impossible number for printed materials.

However, if you add the back cover and two blank pages for the inside of the back and front covers, you get 72 printed pages.

I can't image they dropped two scenarios because that would imply redoing the layout.
01-21-2014, 08:54 AM,
All scenarios are 30 turns or less. All scenarios but one are 4 maps or less (one use 6 maps). One third of the scenarios require less than 60 counters, one third between 60 and 99 counters, and the remaining one third require 100+ counters. Only 4 scenarios require more than 150 counters.
01-22-2014, 12:08 AM,
In looking at the APL News from the front and Gold Club newsletters, it is stated in both that IoG is 48 scenarios, cut by two to fit the new print format. There is a possibility for the cut 2 to be re-released as daily content but nothing firmed up.

I don't know if this is "revealing" too much so for you non-GC members, nothing to see here. Angel
01-22-2014, 04:37 AM,
Probably not too revealing, as the link to the reprint of Invasion of Germany is on the home page. The new outhouse printer, as opposed to the inhouse printernator, runs a larger pages and fewer pages total in a book. Mike has indicated before the current GC newsletter that a number of books would have to go away, as they would be a major project to convert to the new printer, and brand new material is coming down the pike. I does mean that there are now two editions of IG, one with 50 scenarios, one with 48, which could be a sidenote on the game page in the PG Library.
01-22-2014, 05:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM by campsawyer.)
Larry, you might want to rephrase the out-sourced printing rather than the outhouse printing. Makes me think that the new supplements are going to be sent wrapped in corn cobs. Wink Tongue Exclamation