Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Invasion of Germany" query
02-05-2014, 10:36 AM,
RE: "Invasion of Germany" query
Ugh, yes. Too early for me. I've emailed him again with the correction.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-07-2014, 08:10 AM,
There is quite a difference to the strongpoints mix:

Airborne and Edelweiss Expanded: 3 x Unoccupied, 1 x 3-4 DF, 1 x 4-4 DF, 1 x 5-3 DF/2-3 AT

Cassino '44: 3 x Unoccupied, 3 x 3-4 DF, 3 x 5-4 DF, 3 x 9-4 DF, 3 x 5-3 DF/2-3 AT

Tim
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 07:51 PM by vince hughes.)
I see Thomas8+++ posted an AAR of his play of 'Bitter Irony'.

His play happened to use the page on the 'Invasion of Germany' book supplement and is the 'first' one to be played as such. I wonder if Thmas managed to see the other plays of this games from the original download. Its an exciting scenario, as Thomas' was and although asked way back when, it would be nice to knit this IoG repeat into all its attendant original download suppements so that the scenarios from it can all be shown as played with the originals.

And yes, they are the same as the originals. It seems silly if I have to list all my Westwall etc plays in the IoG section too because I HAVE played them, but then it would list me with 2 x plays for every 1 that I had actually got onto the table.

I also tried to write to Thomas on his AAR, but the site wouldn't let that happen. Just goes to a big white screen.
10-27-2014, 11:12 PM,
I didn't think to look back at the earlier version. I have the same problem with some of the Airborne scenarios, where another book scenario requires a certain version of Airborne when I think from looking at them that the late version that I have should do the job. I've sort of stopped trying for the moment to finish one book or game, but am trying to get a game in with every game or book I have. Otherwise I cant justify to the wife adding one or two to my Christmas shopping list. Smile

Tom Oxley
10-28-2014, 12:14 AM,
(10-27-2014, 11:12 PM)thomaso827 Wrote: I didn't think to look back at the earlier version. I have the same problem with some of the Airborne scenarios, where another book scenario requires a certain version of Airborne when I think from looking at them that the late version that I have should do the job. I've sort of stopped trying for the moment to finish one book or game, but am trying to get a game in with every game or book I have. Otherwise I cant justify to the wife adding one or two to my Christmas shopping list. Smile

Tom Oxley

Well you will find plenty of good ones in that IoG book I promise. Not that I have it, but I have all the downloads. It really is a shame they can not or rather have not been linked yet. They are exactly the same scenarios and you would have seen just like your play, that many have really thought that one a good scenario.

It also stops them getting their rightful place in the numbers of that specific scenario played list.