Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
88 AA gun & opportunity fire
04-03-2014, 04:05 AM,
RE: 88 AA gun & opportunity fire
(04-03-2014, 03:44 AM)Arjuna1111 Wrote: The 88mm was mostly a direct fire weapon, where does it say it cannot fire opportunity fire? Huh

In PG, the 88mm has two fire types, BF and AT. Using AT fire, such a unit may make one OF attack per turn (which uses up its activation). The unit may not take OF using the BF value (see OF rules 13.0). The unit lacks a DF value with which to make OF attacks against units susceptible to DF.

BF = bombardment fire
AT = anti-tank fire
DF = direct fire
OF = opportunity fire
04-03-2014, 04:19 AM,
As Poor Yorek says, no DF value:

http://www.pg-hq.com/library.php?type=unit&id=14
04-03-2014, 08:03 AM,
(04-03-2014, 04:05 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 03:44 AM)Arjuna1111 Wrote: The 88mm was mostly a direct fire weapon, where does it say it cannot fire opportunity fire? Huh

In PG, the 88mm has two fire types, BF and AT. Using AT fire, such a unit may make one OF attack per turn (which uses up its activation). The unit may not take OF using the BF value (see OF rules 13.0). The unit lacks a DF value with which to make OF attacks against units susceptible to DF.

BF = bombardment fire
AT = anti-tank fire
DF = direct fire
OF = opportunity fire
Ah, now I see...To used to shooting up stuff with HE rounds in ASL. But thanks for the clarification. Smile
04-03-2014, 09:08 AM,
(04-03-2014, 08:03 AM)Arjuna1111 Wrote: Ah, now I see...To used to shooting up stuff with HE rounds in ASL. But thanks for the clarification. Smile

No problem.

I've never played ASL, but, from hearing others discuss it, I get the impression that it is best to do a memory erase when switching back-and-forth between ASL and PG.
04-03-2014, 05:34 PM,
(04-03-2014, 09:08 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: No problem.

I've never played ASL, but, from hearing others discuss it, I get the impression that it is best to do a memory erase when switching back-and-forth between ASL and PG.

Arjuna (first name of ex-Sri Lankan Cricket captain ?)

Just like to reinforce PY's remark above in that it is very very true. One of the things I found difficult to remember were the different abilities of leaders in the two games. A PG leader is a lot different to a SL leader and yet has some similarities. For the first two games I had a chart handy that showed leaders abilities when Good Order, Disrupted or Demoralised.

Another minor, but important difference is when recovering (rallying) units. Remember that in PG, they need to roll LESS than their morale number and not equal to or less than. So an '8' moraled unit that is DEM would need to attain a '6' or less on the dice (unless assisted by a leader).
04-03-2014, 10:50 PM,
(04-03-2014, 05:34 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 09:08 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: No problem.

Arjuna (first name of ex-Sri Lankan Cricket captain ?)

Just like to reinforce PY's remark above in that it is very very true. One of the things I found difficult to remember were the different abilities of leaders in the two games. A PG leader is a lot different to a SL leader and yet has some similarities. For the first two games I had a chart handy that showed leaders abilities when Good Order, Disrupted or Demoralised.

Another minor, but important difference is when recovering (rallying) units. Remember that in PG, they need to roll LESS than their morale number and not equal to or less than. So an '8' moraled unit that is DEM would need to attain a '6' or less on the dice (unless assisted by a leader).

Would you care to reproduce that chart here? Wink
04-04-2014, 01:25 AM,
I will do Arjuna, but it was not saved anywhere. I'll try and replicate it and type it for you later on tonight at home or tomorrow.
04-04-2014, 06:09 AM,
Arjuna,

Amazingly, I have found it tucked away in my rules folder behind some other papers. I will copy it and then try to attach it on a thread here somewhere over the weekend.
04-04-2014, 11:38 AM,
(04-04-2014, 06:09 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Arjuna,

Amazingly, I have found it tucked away in my rules folder behind some other papers. I will copy it and then try to attach it on a thread here somewhere over the weekend.

Okay cool, and thanks in advance! Wink