Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules I realky like in PG
12-31-2013, 05:01 AM,
RE: Rules I realky like in PG
(12-31-2013, 02:01 AM)enrique Wrote: I especially like the Subordinate Activation rule (3.2). With proper placement of leaders and units is possible in the same activation, for example, bombing a position with mortars and artillery, to spray it with direct fire from HMG and even AFV units and finally assault it.

Enrique likes to REALLY make sure things are deaded !! Big Grin
12-31-2013, 05:14 AM,
This might sound really silly, but about 30 years ago (this was pre-PG) I had an actual sleeping dream about a "perfect" wargame. It was a Panzerblitz-like game (but not Panzerblitz) with tons of scenarios and maps, whose play was sheer elegance. It was so vivid that when I awoke I searched my game shelves for this "missing" and provocative title. Alas, I found nothing that even came close my apparition. For some reason, the memory of this dream stuck with me over the years.

Then, about 2 years ago, I found Panzergrenadier (Elsenborn Ridge to be exact). I kicked it around some, both FTF and solitaire. I was thoroughly hooked and immediately added several other titles. I don't know when it hit me, but I suddenly realized that PG was the game I had imagined years before, and was the one I had been searching for afterwards.

It hard for me to isolate any one or two specific things about the system that I like, accept to say that playing it is a nearly "perfect" gaming experience. It is quite literally "a dream come true."

I really do have a life, you know...
12-31-2013, 06:50 AM,
(12-31-2013, 05:01 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 02:01 AM)enrique Wrote: I especially like the Subordinate Activation rule (3.2). With proper placement of leaders and units is possible in the same activation, for example, bombing a position with mortars and artillery, to spray it with direct fire from HMG and even AFV units and finally assault it.

Enrique likes to REALLY make sure things are deaded !! Big Grin

http://www.anglonautes.com/history/hist_...ldiers.jpg

Tongue
La guerra รจ bella, ma incomoda.
01-01-2014, 04:05 PM,
While agreeing with the above my favorite part over the PB/PL system that is the ancestor to PG is how more effective infantry can be and the differentiation between point targets and area fire.
01-02-2014, 09:41 AM,

Yes, subordinate activation, and combined modifiers for the use of leaders, AFVs, and engineers in assaults...I like how PG truly encourages and reward players who who plan and use combined arms and sequence arty, fire, maneuver, and the assault to create a multiplying effect upon the enemy.
A lot of games do some of it, but few games do it with such rules efficiency and simplicity as PG.