Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activating kommissars
09-27-2013, 12:53 PM,
RE: Activating kommissars
Matt, If I get the "8" Kom I try and place him far away from the action and only activate him if I have to. I can kill my own troops quick enough as it is without his help. The "10" Kom tends to stay with the Commander untill needed and he will be used as much as possible.
I have fond memories of one game early on in my PG career before we had fully grasped the rules when my KOM shot my MAJOR much to Vince's amusement.

Dodgy
09-29-2013, 12:59 AM,
(09-27-2013, 12:53 PM)waynebaumber Wrote: I have fond memories of one game early on in my PG career before we had fully grasped the rules when my KOM shot my MAJOR much to Vince's amusement.

Dodgy

Thanks, Wayne - just spit my coffee all over my keyboard reading this. Big Grin
09-30-2013, 09:24 AM,
(09-29-2013, 12:59 AM)tlangston28 Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 12:53 PM)waynebaumber Wrote: I have fond memories of one game early on in my PG career before we had fully grasped the rules when my KOM shot my MAJOR much to Vince's amusement.

Dodgy

Thanks, Wayne - just spit my coffee all over my keyboard reading this. Big Grin

Even I laughed (a little) at the time. There was no impact on the game as I was already been soundly beaten. Of course the rules state that KOM's only effect units bit I quite like the idea of KOM's dealing with the junior leaders ie LT and SGT as well as units.
05-31-2014, 11:59 PM,
I suppose my question concerning Kommisars would be they are required or allowed to re-educate demoralized AFVs? If they are not treated like normal leaders or tank leaders then does it matter what type of unit they either assist or eliminate in a recovery attempt? The rules just state they must move to the nearest unit but not the type.
06-01-2014, 04:49 AM,
Brett,

Given the rules wording, we (Wayne and I) have always used ANY units. The rules do not tell us it is personel or ordnance only and you are right, not only are they neither personel or AFV leaders, they are simply not leaders at all.
06-01-2014, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 08:33 AM by Brett Nicholson.)
(06-01-2014, 04:49 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Brett,

Given the rules wording, we (Wayne and I) have always used ANY units. The rules do not tell us it is personel or ordnance only and you are right, not only are they neither personel or AFV leaders, they are simply not leaders at all.

I'll go with that and makes for quite a mental image of the Kommisar leaping atop this T-26, opening the turret and shooting the crew after it failed to recover!
06-29-2014, 06:20 AM,
Next question concerning disrupted Kommisars: rule 6.61 Required Movement states that a KOM must move to the nearest demoralized unit. That's understood, provided that the KOM is in good order; however if it is disrupted then would it have the option of attempting to recover to good order first after activating or must it sluggishly drag along at a move rate of 1 for being disrupted to try to reach the nearest demoralized unit? I would think so, especially in the case of trying to reach a friendly demoralized unit within an assault hex as disrupted units or leaders may not enter a hex containing enemy units. If I take rule 6.61 at face value, verbatim, then I must move the Kommisar as long as it is not itself demoralized, whether it is practical or not. I checked the 4th edition rules and nothing seems to have changed. Currently assuming that rule 6.61 should imply that only a "Good order" KOM must move to the nearest demoralized unit or not?
06-29-2014, 06:36 AM,
All the people I play rally their KOM's when DIS, otherwise once DIS, it would never ever recover unless there were no DEM units on the board.
06-29-2014, 07:00 AM,
(06-29-2014, 06:36 AM)vince hughes Wrote: All the people I play rally their KOM's when DIS, otherwise once DIS, it would never ever recover unless there were no DEM units on the board.

That works for me -thanks again Vince! Smile