Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
07-24-2014, 02:35 AM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
(07-24-2014, 02:34 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: http://www.avalanchepress.com/PusanROK.php

Getting very close to release date now.

Keep saying it Jay, maybe it will get here faster Wink
08-06-2014, 02:23 AM,
Today's daily content:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/PusanScenario2.php
08-06-2014, 04:08 AM,
The picture in the Daily Content would make the cutest PG box cover ever! Nothing could surpass it except maybe a Girls und Panzer cover for an East Front box game designed by Mike Perryman!
08-06-2014, 05:04 AM,
Yeah, I am not sure where Mike pulls those pictures from.
08-06-2014, 05:27 AM,
Remember, Mike published some of the most sensational role-playing covers in gaming history ;_}.

He did do two versions of a cover for a Rome at War series game, maybe we could request vanity wrap-arounds for the Korean saga.
08-07-2014, 05:54 PM,
Are their going to be actual urban battles in cities in this release?
warstudent aka Jim
08-08-2014, 02:14 AM,
(08-07-2014, 05:54 PM)warstudent Wrote: Are their going to be actual urban battles in cities in this release?

Yes, if the kept my design the same after development there should be some urban battles.
08-09-2014, 12:39 AM,
"Pusan Perimeter is done and ready to flow out the door" Sounds like shipping emails (which go out when the indicia is printed, not when the game is actually on a mail truck) should start showing up today or Monday.

The bad knews is (as we could guess) the cost of scorchless counters, cut before printing, was naturally higher than calculated, so another round of price increases is necessary.
08-09-2014, 01:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 01:11 AM by vince hughes.)
(08-09-2014, 12:39 AM)larry marak Wrote: The bad knews is (as we could guess) the cost of scorchless counters, cut before printing, was naturally higher than calculated, so another round of price increases is necessary.

Not sure how much more the games can increase and stay within reason. We are already looking at either $80 (Saipan, Kursk North Flank) or $90 a pop ! (Fall of France).

Personally, I have never found games expensive when compared to say a meal out with the other half. The amount of time you get out of a game is immeasurable. Days and days of playing hours when all added up and yet a ,meal out is for 2 or 3 hours.

However, I DO see lots of gamers moan about prices on all the forums, and an increase from the prices above I just posted WILL turn the lesser inclined to hold fast I'm sure.

One question re cost of counters. You asserted Larry that they cost more than was expected (in fact said 'naturally', though why natural I can't imagine). If in the know, are these prices not agreed beforehand ?
08-09-2014, 01:46 AM,
I have set aside a budget for how much I am willing to spend on games per year. That amount is not nearly enough to purchase all the games I am interested in. The price increase is unlikely to remove a game from my wanted list but it may move it down a few slots on my priority list if I believe other games are a better value for my dollars.

I will give an example. I like Infidels and I am interested in Guelphs and Ghibellines. After researching G&G, I believe G&G is a better game than Infidels but after watching Enrico's video review, I think I would get more long-term value for my money by buying a COIN game (especially if my wife wanted to try it). It's not a knock on G&G, I am almost certain I would love the game and I will purchase it if I see it on sale, just that I think I can get another game I may enjoy as much (or maybe even a little less) far more often on the table.

An estimated cost per hour of play analysis is often what I use to rank games for which I don't have a strong preference for one over the other.

A $10 increase per game - an example, I have no clue how much of a price increase Mike is talking about - would also add $40 to pre-order all the games on the new PG/IA bundle. With the games costing $380 before the increase and not taking account the GC discount, there reach a point when I am not so comfortable advancing a few hundred dollars to a company for yet to be published games. Yes, it's almost certain they will see print in 12 - 18 months, but I am risk adverse and I may decide to wait for the games to be published (and 10% more) than being charged a year in advance. After receiving my first bonus countersheet (Morrocans), I know they are no longer a big incentive for me.