Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
(01-09-2014, 01:17 PM)campsawyer Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 06:00 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Update: Been working on the rest of the Korean War series for awhile now! No time for playing games or posting! Free time all taken with designing if not family and friends. But looking go so far!

Hmm, there maybe more to this that Jay isn't telling us.... Wink

CNN Update:

Jay Townsand and been locked up by North Korean dictator Kim Jon-il in his Colorado home. How is this possible one might ask, Jay is on a secret mission to create a game about the Korean War. Once the dictator, know as Lil' Kim, found out about it he went on a quest to make sure that the "truth" about the war came out. Rumor has it that Lil' Kim is forcing all the scenarios victory condition to favor the "true" victor the North Korean People Army. Many people have asked how can this be happening, why can't Jay leave his house, why is he stuck there. The answer is that Lil' Kim has hired former NBA star Denis Rodman to "ensure" that Jay makes this game correct. Denis has been rumored to be covertly camped out nearby and if he detects any wrong doing by Jay, he repetitively bounces basketballs off of Jay's window. This has made Jay quite frazzled and he has become quite seclude. Friends on PG-HQ have been quoted, "Yeah we use to see Jay posting an AAR every day and his scenario play has been down quite a bit."

We will not know how this will turn out, but there is another rumor that a special forces unit in China will be conducting a raid to try to free the imprisoned game design. The team has not been heard from from months and is believed to be positioning to intervene. In is the special forces units Seal-Team Shad. But this is only rumor.

That's a very sad demise to a once happy gamer ... Thanks for the update Alan
01-10-2014, 02:29 AM,
Can't wait for these games. Korea is so under-gamed. I'd love to see a TF Smith scenario or two.
01-10-2014, 03:08 AM,
(01-10-2014, 02:29 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Can't wait for these games. Korea is so under-gamed. I'd love to see a TF Smith scenario or two.

I'd at least like to play 1 Liberation Scenario first and read a few others reports Smile

Also, one must think of that small bunch of PGHQ Team. They are the souls that have to type up each scenario and its pieces to put onto the HQ. They will be trying to give Lib 44 the HQ treatment before people get excited about Korea just yet.
01-10-2014, 04:38 AM,
(01-10-2014, 02:29 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Can't wait for these games. Korea is so under-gamed. I'd love to see a TF Smith scenario or two.

There is one in there!Cool
01-10-2014, 07:43 AM,
Thanks, Jay. I was the military history instructor for the Army Chaplain School when I retired 19 years ago, and used to teach about Task Force Smith after the Chief of Staff of the Army did a 'chain teaching' event, where they said there will never be another Task Force Smith. When I heard that and looked around the room, I realized nobody in the group had any idea what he was talking about. I have a scenario on it for ASL, but am anxious to see it in PG.

Tom
01-10-2014, 08:54 AM,
Its scenario #16 in the and I am not sure how much it changed from design to development.
01-10-2014, 08:54 AM,
The Korean War should be kicking off pretty soon, starting with:

Panzer Grenadier: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
01-11-2014, 01:54 AM,

Scenario Sixteen
Task Force Smith!
5th July 1950

As we all know it did happen again in the Korean compaign!
01-12-2014, 02:42 AM,
(01-10-2014, 07:43 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Thanks, Jay. I was the military history instructor for the Army Chaplain School when I retired 19 years ago, and used to teach about Task Force Smith after the Chief of Staff of the Army did a 'chain teaching' event, where they said there will never be another Task Force Smith. When I heard that and looked around the room, I realized nobody in the group had any idea what he was talking about. I have a scenario on it for ASL, but am anxious to see it in PG.

Tom
Hi Tom, unfortunately given the way we're getting ready to gut our collective training the only way the Army will prevent Future Task Force Smiths is to never give command to a guy named Smith
01-22-2014, 02:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 02:12 AM by JayTownsend.)
I remember when I first turned in Pusan Perimeter long ago, I originally titled it Retreat to the Pusan Perimter, I thought ok thats it for me but after thinking about, I thought the whole Korean War should really be covered. Three games and maybe a supplement to come later for some U.N. Allied countries I couldn't fit into the main three games because of the 352 counter limitations per game.

Well after a lot of work I am close to finishing the 2nd game in the series and I have start into the third. Many interesting situations as the war flows back and forth. Very time consuming project. I know it will be well worth it in the long run.