Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
09-06-2014, 01:27 AM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
Really nice AARs so far- can't wait until mine arrives...but apparently I have to.
09-06-2014, 03:22 AM,
I've been waiting for the shipping announcement email myself. Another Dayton area guy has ordered this as well and we are both holding on. I had hopes that one of us had gotten in early enough to have a game or two in by now.
09-25-2014, 02:10 AM,
Just curious if anyone who submitted an early order for Pusan Perimeter is still awaiting a delivery? I recall that APL ran out of pieces at one point, but it seemed that another round of deliveries was subsequent to that. Perhaps mine is delayed for An Army at Dawn to make a shipment, but would be nice to know or have some status information.
09-25-2014, 03:36 AM,
Yes, still waiting. The other Dayton area player is also waiting. Still watching for that shipping notice on a daily basis. I ordered Eastern Front with Army at Dawn and asked that Eastern Front be moved up to ship with Pusan, and was told that would work.
09-25-2014, 05:59 AM,
We're all still conditioned to think of now shipping as meaning there are 1400 games in the warehouse waiting to be mailed out. With the new model at Avalanche, now shipping means (hypthetically, I don't know Mike's numbers) 18 complete sets of components were received this week, with another coming in 10 days.
09-25-2014, 07:02 AM,
A subconscious wish to be 18 again now that you are counting down the days to retirement?
09-25-2014, 07:07 AM,
Just hope my heart holds out that long. 30-35 percent efficiency, 12% blood flow to left ventricle. But Ace inhibitors and beta blockers work wonders, and there are 2 new tratments for CHF on the horizon :-).
09-25-2014, 07:20 AM,
(09-25-2014, 05:59 AM)larry marak Wrote: We're all still conditioned to think of now shipping as meaning there are 1400 games in the warehouse waiting to be mailed out. With the new model at Avalanche, now shipping means (hypthetically, I don't know Mike's numbers) 18 complete sets of components were received this week, with another coming in 10 days.

No, Larry. Sed contra it's precisely because of this shipping model that I noted the lack, over the last 2-3 weeks, of messages here saying "hey, got my Pusan Perimeter. " This did not seem congruent with the slow-but-steady model of shipping. Thus, I was wondering whether the well had run dry, so to say, upon awaiting orders that could be dual shipped (e.g. An Army at Dawn).

Otherwise, I was concerned that the APL elves had considered me to have been naughty this year - and I've even been let out of one CSW jail Big Grin !!
09-25-2014, 10:54 AM,
(09-25-2014, 07:20 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 05:59 AM)larry marak Wrote: We're all still conditioned to think of now shipping as meaning there are 1400 games in the warehouse waiting to be mailed out. With the new model at Avalanche, now shipping means (hypthetically, I don't know Mike's numbers) 18 complete sets of components were received this week, with another coming in 10 days.

No, Larry. Sed contra it's precisely because of this shipping model that I noted the lack, over the last 2-3 weeks, of messages here saying "hey, got my Pusan Perimeter. " This did not seem congruent with the slow-but-steady model of shipping. Thus, I was wondering whether the well had run dry, so to say, upon awaiting orders that could be dual shipped (e.g. An Army at Dawn).

Otherwise, I was concerned that the APL elves had considered me to have been naughty this year - and I've even been let out of one CSW jail Big Grin !!

Ordered my copy last week, the web store gave a 2 week delay, PP arrived 3 days or so later... Along with. Fall of France and the Marocains...

Slight blurring on the printing on the non unit counter sheet in PP, same again on the lowest two or so rows on the Morocains... Everything else, pretty good to excellent.

Now I have no excuse and have to order Counter Attack, Fall of Empires and Lawrence....
09-25-2014, 11:17 AM,
Don't forget Broken Axis...
No "minor" country left behind...