Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
08-21-2014, 06:38 AM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
Nothing yet but maybe tomorrow.
08-23-2014, 02:24 AM,
From the Consimworld APL Support Forum: "Ran out of Pusan counters today, but more are already on the way ."

Runaway!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg
08-23-2014, 03:18 AM,
Yep, I saw that, and had to look to see if I had a shipping notice. No luck. Well, I do have several hundred other scenarios to play anyway.
08-23-2014, 03:33 AM,
Best production values on any PG game ever produced!!! :-) mine arrived this morning.
08-23-2014, 03:33 AM,
No shipping notice here.

I am eagerly waiting to receive my copy to decide if the subject interests me enough to pre-order the second game in the series. I may be in the minority, but the pre-1939 wars interest me more than those in the 1950's and later.

One thing worth nothing is that Jay's designs include many smaller scenarios which make his games a good entry point in the series and a good choice for those who have limited time. I recently brought Marianas on a business trip and while I generally prefer large scenarios, I was able to enjoy three evenings playing short scenarios in the hotel.
08-24-2014, 06:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 10:22 AM by JayTownsend.)
I received Pusan today, fantastic package but I have one complaint, it lists Mike Perryman as the Game designer on the scenario book. Well at least the box cover has it correct.
08-24-2014, 08:34 AM,
Aside from that the game looks excellent! I am looking forward to playing the finished copy. Now to put some Psy music in!
08-24-2014, 11:34 AM,
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter has arrived!

I just received this package today along with Kursk Burning Tigers and an extra copy of Saipan with the new maps and 4th edition materials & the Moroccan and Desert Rats counters from the Gold-Club.

First let me start with my design, the Pusan Perimeter, the maps are fantastic, so are the counters, the new color playing charts, the new rule book, the scenario book with 48 scenarios and the box, all top notch. Those new ROK and NKPA and American counters are glorious. Dang, everything is getting better with AP’s production value on these new games. Let’s just say you are getting your money’s worth.

Burning Tiger & the new version of Saipan the same as the above statement, outstanding as well is all those mentioned areas!

The Gold-Club Moroccan and Desert Rats counters are nice, now I just need scenarios for them. Also looks like the days of clipping PG counter corners is over as they are now the thick type like Liberation.
08-24-2014, 11:06 PM,
(08-24-2014, 06:21 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I received Pusan today, fantastic package but I have one complaint, it lists Mike Perryman as the Game designer on the scenario book. Well at least the box cover has it correct.
You are taking it far better than I would; I would be majorly pissed.

You may wan to tell Mike you must approve the scenario booklet before it goes to the printer.
08-25-2014, 02:22 AM,
(08-24-2014, 11:06 PM)Hugmenot Wrote:
(08-24-2014, 06:21 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I received Pusan today, fantastic package but I have one complaint, it lists Mike Perryman as the Game designer on the scenario book. Well at least the box cover has it correct.
You are taking it far better than I would; I would be majorly pissed.

You may wan to tell Mike you must approve the scenario booklet before it goes to the printer.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about it and talked to Mike as well. Nothing to be done about it now and I guess we all make mistakes. Hopefully when and if he does a second printing he will correct it but it is too late for all the copies already printed or shipped! Sad