Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 11:25 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
Bikes and Motorcycles

In most cases the DF capabilities of these units are completely identical to their footbound brethren. All that we need are some counters indicating where they left their transport when they dismount. No one can shoot while pedaling a bike and the ability to shoot from a sidecar while motoring around at full speed on a motorcycle seems to preclude any effective fire at all.

Due to the ease of remounting I would suggest that such remounting be free of MP cost. Luckily such units generally do not show up in large batches so we can probably get by wtih 3 abandoned transport units (if you need more use inverted wagons). The abandoned transport has a movement factor of zero and can be destroyed by an enemy unit entering its hex.

Cavalry,

Short of using the Infantry Attacks model of giving each unit a compatriot unhorsed I don't have a good solution. Cavalry does not have the same DF profile of their corresponding infantry (elite such as Romanians and Soviets have higher DF but shorter range whereas Germans and Finns have shorter range and in the case of Germans lower DF). All of them, however, suffer from a high profile and would certainly seek to lower that profile at some point in battle. If I remember, Fronte Russo has specific rules about dismounting and I found them very useful and reasonable. That might be a place to look.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Matt W - 09-14-2013, 11:25 PM