Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
03-27-2014, 12:26 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
In the development process there were some interesting discussions about which formations qualified to use some of the optional rules as not every unit is as efficient as every other one. It will be interesting to see what people think about some of the optional rules (if indeed, the ones I am thinking of are the ones that made the cut...)
No "minor" country left behind...
03-27-2014, 05:39 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
Michael,

The reason for so many optionals was because some wanted some new innovations in the rules, others wanted to keep the old set but make them with less 'holes' or errata, and some folks fell in between.

The optionals are really rules that were suggested, tried and still did not make 100% agreement. It then became a personal choice of whether the gamer thought:

a) Is it a realistic rule
b) Does it fit the System
c) Does it hinder or lower play quality.
d) Probably some other reasons too.

So you too and all the others for their solo wargaming will probably peruse those optional rules. See some, all or none that take your fancy and start to use them. No doubt, after a couple of uses, some players may even drop an 'optional' or two as it did not play out as hoped. For players that use opponents, yes, there will have to be a pre-game pow-wow on what rules are being used. I haven't seen what makes the optional section yet, but I already know where I stand on those proposed..... Once released, it should provide a few posts at the forum :-)