Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Avalanche Press Going Out-of-Business?
06-14-2012, 12:21 PM,
Is Avalanche Press Going Out-of-Business?
I cannot seem to get in contact with them...

I've sent numerous e-mails over the last several weeks to: customerservice@avalanchepress.com

I've called their disconnected 800 number that is listed on their web site: www.avalanchepress.com/contact.php (800) 564-9008.

I've called their commercial number [205-957-0017] but no one answers and the mailbox is full and one cannot leave any messages.

I ordered Kursk when it was one product (before they split it up), have since moved and need to get them my change of address.

Any advice?

Cheers & Thanks
06-14-2012, 12:47 PM,
RE: Is Avalanche Press Going Out-of-Business?
(06-14-2012, 12:21 PM)raider1977 Wrote: I cannot seem to get in contact with them...

I've sent numerous e-mails over the last several weeks to: customerservice@avalanchepress.com

I've called their disconnected 800 number that is listed on their web site: www.avalanchepress.com/contact.php (800) 564-9008.

I've called their commercial number [205-957-0017] but no one answers and the mailbox is full and one cannot leave any messages.

I ordered Kursk when it was one product (before they split it up), have since moved and need to get them my change of address.

Any advice?

Cheers & Thanks

I doubt it. Mike has kept it going somehow all this time, and with Kursk now a reality he probably has actual cashflow for the first time in a very long time. Odds are he's too busy to answer the phones or reply to your e-mails because he's trying to get lots of Kursk distributor orders out the door. So I'd wait a while for things to settle down and then try contacting him again.
06-14-2012, 12:57 PM,
Hi raider,

Sorry you're having trouble.

I second UITA. AP is probably healthier today than they have been in the last 18 months. They're just swamped trying to get product out the door. I think they have 3, at most 5, people working there so operations are slow.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-14-2012, 01:24 PM,
i emailed about 10 days ago and received a reply within 24 hours
06-15-2012, 09:29 AM,
I ordered some stuff from them last week and it arrived Monday. Not K:SF, by the way.

I was a bit surprised mine went out so fast tho, if all those K:SF are waiting to go.
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM,
I think not. They wouldn't be flogging new and re-printed stuff off the presses. Having been burnt by two other long gone enterprises there are symptoms that make such an ccurence obvious to me. One fact that stands out to me is they are cutting out most low-ball sales. This is not a symptom of an entity that needs cash now.

The biggest tell tale would be a sale that goes somewhat like this:

"Buy a $1000 worth of stuff after discount and get an additional 10% off and free shipping." My $900.00 check was cashed by the Bankruptcy Court of New York and almost put me into bankruptcy ( I was elling games in the Indian Ocean.) $900.00 was several months pay. NTM I actualy had to repay closer to $1500. Seems there was no law against accepting orders when you are all ready in proceedings back in 1981.Angry

But, the point is -- if prices are rising they be not in jeopardy. They may have been, but the signs are better now.Big Grin
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM,
Thanks for the feedback, Buquis. Very interesting!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-15-2012, 10:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 11:15 PM by larry marak.)
They have been guaranteeing 72 hour turn-around for on the shelf merchandise for several months now. New releases...sets currently being printed, are exempt from the 72 hour rule. Today (6-15) Mike affirmed that the 72 hour rule even applies to KSF if copies are instock..the reasoning being that current orders pay his bills for fulfilling pre-orders, and new orders need to be encouraged by swift customer service.
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM,
New orders are still under the "eat a bug" guarantee I believe. If they don't ship timely on new orders they have to eat a bug.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-15-2012, 11:53 PM,
Quote:the reasoning being that current orders pay his bills for fulfilling pre-orders, and new orders need to be encouraged by swift customer service.

What? My pre-order money was intended to fulfill purchasing my pre-order. So basically APL says: "we have (and have had) your money in the bank; thanks for floating a loan to us; but now you can sit and wait even longer whilst we encourage more people to send us money by giving them preferential customer service.

However this plays at business economics, in my not-so-humble-opinion it is pretty crass from the perspective of integrity and honor. I am almost at the point of cancelling my Kursk order and demanding a refund.