Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest in a monthly "all play together" scenario thing?
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM,
Any interest in a monthly "all play together" scenario thing?
Now that I've upgraded the play record system and we have our own forum, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in picking one scenario a month that the willing could all play simultaneously?

I figure sign-ups for the following month's scenario would run for about a week, then I'd compare the PG-HQ collections of all the volunteers to find the game/scenario(s) with the most eligible players, another week or two to vote on a final choice, and then everyone sets to and we see how it goes.

For those of you who don't play often it'd be a great excuse to get one game on the table per month; for the less experienced it'd be a great way to compare playing strategies with the veterans.

...now does anyone have a better name in mind than "[all play]" for tagging the threads? Because that sounds pretty lame! Blush
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-02-2012, 01:27 AM,
RE: Any interest in a monthly "all play together" scenario thing?
I am interested.
06-02-2012, 05:08 AM,
I'd be interested-- I like the idea of being able to play parallel to the more experienced and learn.

And on the other hand, it would be a fine way for the more experienced to help train some future possible opponents...
06-02-2012, 08:29 AM,
I'd be interested Shad but of course it would be with an opponent.
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM,
Count me in.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-03-2012, 02:13 AM,
Not a bad idea, with several plays of the same scenario, and if everyone could find the time to scribble a quick AAR it would really give a true reflection of that scenario in terms of play, balance and sheer fun.
06-03-2012, 06:30 AM,
If true simultaneity were to prove pragmatically difficult, perhaps the idea could be "softened" to a "Scenario of the Month?" Folks could play the SotM at their convenience over the given advertized month. So that results could be delivered en masse for greater effect rather than piecemeal , perhaps: (1) individual players could transmit results to the SotM Czar for collection and publication or (2) we would wait voluntarily until the time-frame is over then submit results in whatever manner is available.
06-03-2012, 08:23 AM,
(06-03-2012, 06:30 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: If true simultaneity were to prove pragmatically difficult, perhaps the idea could be "softened" to a "Scenario of the Month?" Folks could play the SotM at their convenience over the given advertized month. So that results could be delivered en masse for greater effect rather than piecemeal , perhaps: (1) individual players could transmit results to the SotM Czar for collection and publication or (2) we would wait voluntarily until the time-frame is over then submit results in whatever manner is available.

This was more or less exactly what I had in mind. I guess I did a poor job explaining it. Blush
06-03-2012, 09:28 AM,
(06-03-2012, 08:23 AM)Shad Wrote: This was more or less exactly what I had in mind. I guess I did a poor job explaining it. Blush

May be that I read the term "simultaneously" in the original post in the more literal sense of having folks play the scenario over a very narrow time window (e.g. let's play scenario 'N' this weekend). However we come to clarity on the matter, sounds like an interesting project. It was not my intention to be critical.
06-03-2012, 11:18 AM,
(06-03-2012, 09:28 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: It was not my intention to be critical.

Understood, and I didn't perceive it as such! Big Grin