Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Major Update] Impartial Leader Selector
11-26-2012, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM by Shad.)
Thumbs Up  [Major Update] Impartial Leader Selector
Impartial Leader Selector (direct link)

What is it?
A tool to randomly draw leaders for PG scenarios.

How do I use it?
On your left menu click Player Tools > Impartial Leader Selector. Then choose the game and scenario you would like to draw leaders for.

The game I want isn't listed!
The PG-HQ staff has not yet loaded the leader set for that game. Eventually all games will be supported. Whine loudly enough in this thread and we might attend to your needs first! Wink

The game is there, but the scenario I want isn't listed!
So add it! In a PG-HQ development first, regular members are able to submit leader OOBs for new scenarios. On the right sidebar look for Define A New (GAME) Scenario Leader OOB and have at it.

Scenario X has an error in the leader OOB!
Let us know here and we'll fix it. While any member can submit a new one, only PG-HQ Mods have the power to edit existing scenario leader OOBs.

What is the larger point of this feature?
To get people to play more head-to-head Panzer Grenadier! Big Grin

Shad you are so handsome and cool!
I know! Cool
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM,
RE: [Major Update] Impartial Leader Selector
It won't let me click 'Player Tools' ?

The browser passes over it whilst allowing clicks on the other tabs either side of it.
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM,
Cancel that Shad, I think its just my work's browser. Seems to work fine on another
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM,
Player Tools isn't a link, just a hover to open the submenu. That might not be fully compatible with some older stuff...
11-27-2012, 12:47 AM,
(11-26-2012, 05:59 PM)Shad Wrote: Shad you are so handsome and cool!
I know! Cool

I agree with half of this statement. Its up to you to choose which half.
11-27-2012, 01:57 AM,
This IS cool! It could solve the leader storage issue that I have (I just dumped them all together until I realized they were specifically by and unique to each game. Some I have to resort and the rest are in baggies in their game box).
11-27-2012, 02:05 AM,
[schadenfreude] Oh! I can't wait to bring this to TheDoctor's attention. His leader flipping abilities consistently transcend statistical variation (hence my naming him the "Mat Cauthon of PG") - in his favour. Now if only I can get my wife to have a camera ready when I tell him! [/schadenfreude]
11-27-2012, 03:14 AM,
Shad,

The hovoring does not work on phone and tablets. You may want try reconsider this to be some sort of click.
11-27-2012, 04:09 AM,
(11-27-2012, 03:14 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Shad,

The hovoring does not work on phone and tablets. You Vmay want try reconsider this to be some sort of click.

If you click it it will stick open. Works fine on my the Android I am posting this from. (Galaxy Note)
11-27-2012, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 06:09 AM by Michael Murphy.)
What would be massively awesome would be for me to be able to print out a list of the chosen leaders. Even just having a chart would be good. As a rule, I pick out my leaders and write them down. I am fumble-fingered when it comes to knocking over my stacks of counters. I end up at least once a game trying to figure out if that leader is an 8-0-0 or a 9-0-1.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!