Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Minor Upgrade] Expansion Game Playability & Next Purchase Recommendation
11-17-2012, 05:34 PM,
[Minor Upgrade] Expansion Game Playability & Next Purchase Recommendation
Hi everybody!

I've expanded upon the Scenario Requirements & Playability module found on each scenario's page and created the:

Expansion Game Requirements & Playability module!
(clearly not investing a lot of time in cool naming schemes...)

This can be found on the Library Game page for every expansion game.

It does four things:
  1. tells you which games are required to play that expansion's scenarios
  2. tells you how many scenarios in which each game is used
  3. analyzes your collection and tells you how many scenarios you can play right now
  4. analyzes your collection and tells you which game you should purchase next to maximize your playability
Obviously if you are a non-member or logged-out, only the first two functions are active. (you have no collection to analyze)

The module is pretty straightforward. Those of you with near-complete collections, or who have bought most of the key "source" games will find the tool less useful. There's no getting around that.

For people just getting into PG, or who have limited collections and are looking to make careful acquisitions, this should be a welcome improvement.

For me? Well, every page is a constant reminder that I really need to go fucking buy Edelweiss: Expanded! Rolleyes

Enjoy!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM,
RE: [Minor Upgrade] Expansion Game Playability & Next Purchase Recommendation
From a complete newbie, many thanks Shad!
11-18-2012, 12:49 AM,
Yep, you need Edelweiss Expanded. Considering the counters have been unavailable for 6 years and you get the double-sized artillery and swift-water boat counters.
11-18-2012, 01:10 AM,
(11-17-2012, 11:49 PM)zovs Wrote: From a complete newbie, many thanks Shad!

No no, your inquiry somehow sparked the perfect synapse and it all came together in about 10 minutes of sketching it out on paper!

(11-18-2012, 12:49 AM)larry marak Wrote: Yep, you need Edelweiss Expanded. Considering the counters have been unavailable for 6 years and you get the double-sized artillery and swift-water boat counters.

Honestly, almost every freaking expansion I own has a scenario or two that requires EdelEx... not 10, not 5, only one or two scenarios... it's like death by a thousand cuts! Tongue
11-18-2012, 04:06 AM,
Wow, Shad... in the matter of a week you've made my spreadsheet redundant!

I guess mine's still good for those times you want to look at your entire collection and/or are offline...
11-18-2012, 12:21 PM,
(11-18-2012, 04:06 AM)Dean_P Wrote: Wow, Shad... in the matter of a week you've made my spreadsheet redundant!

I guess mine's still good for those times you want to look at your entire collection and/or are offline...

Yours is still the only way to see the big picture, and it'll be a long while before I take any steps in that direction! Big Grin